Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com
  www.schwab.com
There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Great place but beware contract

Former Employee - Marketing/Creative in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Marketing/Creative in Austin, TX

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people producing really good work. Management is supportive and knowledgeable. The offices are decent and the cafeteria is really good (but overpriced). Overall a really good place to work

Cons

A large portion of people are technically full-time, in-house contract workers instead of employees, which saved Schwab money at your expense. Contract people come and go, often as a result of fluctuating budgets and through no fault of their own, so many people never get confident that they are going to be there long, so it's very unnerving.

Stop the practice of signing so many people to contracts. If they seem like a good asset, hire them. It's borderline unethical.

900 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Product Management at Charles Schwab

Current Employee - Senior Manager - Product Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager - Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very smart people, great learning and working environment and life/work balance.

Cons

One of the lower paying companies in the Financial Industry; I guess that's how they keep turning a profit!

Worst company I have worked for

Former Employee - Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Direct quote from HR to fellow employee, "Well if you don't like it you can go somewhere else, and in this economy good luck." Fellow employee got his license and was still making about 10% less than new hires off the street were hiring in at. He had made all of his "numbers" and had outstanding reviews. Rep came from another department and was treated like a second class citizen. When he met with HR and commented on the fact that strangers off the street were making more than him the response above is was what he got. This i think really is the best Pro to working for the company, you can quit, you don't have to stay, escape is possible. I wouldn't recommend this place to my most hated enemy. I loved this company, it was the company I wanted to work for most of my life and it was a huge disappointment.

Cons

Pay is dismal, as of 2013 they killed the benefits, the management is the worst I have ever seen including my jobs at Kmart and Burger King from high school!!! They manipulate people and offer no room for advancement. Favoritism is at an all time high, I have never seen so much manipulation of power in my life. I have seen great workers held back and watched terrible people succeed. Something akin to a bad movie, the company makes Initech (Office Space) look like a nice place to work. During my 3 year sentence I watched about 250+ people come and go in my small depart that holds at max 45 people! That kind of turnover is a bad sign. It's not just one person in management it's the management overall.

Fire middle management then yourselves, you have ruined a great company!

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab