There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Would work there again

Former Employee - Specialist
Former Employee - Specialist

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Client and employee driven. Great place to work.

Cons

They could pay more to the superstars.

853 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Great Company

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time

Pros

Great work environment
    Ability to advance in different career avenues
    401K and brokerage help is available to you
    Ability to ghost other departments within the company
    Training and self improvement classes available

Cons

Review of procedures can be a bit repetitive.
    Training sometimes it not steered towards the department you work in

Okay if you can do the call center environment with no opportunity for growth.

Current Employee - Advisor Services
    Current Employee - Advisor Services

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company seemed to care about ethics and employees were pretty knowledgeable. After certain amount of time, they will help you get your licenses.

Cons

If you miss the training class, you get stuck in front of webinars teaching yourself. No one sat down with me to go over programs used or really explain other departments and how they work together. Very spotty training. Management seemed supportive, but some employees seem very unhappy with lack of room for growth and there were many complaints about pay. The 40+ incoming phone calls per person/day were not addressed to me in the interview. I did not know it would be a call center environment like that. Each floor was open with all departments pushed together, no offices and cubicles with very low barriers. Hard to hear yourself talk and difficult to get a decent amount of time for break without someone asking where you are or telling you to get back on the phone after 5 minutes. I also saw employees using email and instant message bad mouthing other team members and would openly talk about management as soon as they left for the day. Not a very encouraging environment to be in, so I left.

Encourage better morale in your team and focus more on training. When hiring someone new to the industry, it's not a good idea to give them webinars and then expect them to feel confident and knowledgable on the phones without anyone taking the time to help with questions or train on Schwab properly.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!