There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Micromanagers and Bullying Culture Dominate Schwab

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-- Nice facilities
-- Wellness reward ($250/yr)
-- Quarterly bonus

Cons

After working in corporate America for over decade, I'd have to say that some of the worst micromanaging occurs here. If you're looking for a career where you work more autonomously, do not apply at Schwab. Many of the managers here also see only one way of doing things. I think this is why Schwab struggles so much with innovation. If you don't do things your manager's way, it's wrong.

There's also a bullying culture at Schwab. I've seen a number of other posts related to this on here. VPs, Directors and even some Sr. Mgrs are bullies in the workplace, putting others down when they get the opportunity. The sad part is even if you report them, nothing gets done. I'm aware of two HR complaints filed against individuals for bullying and those two people have not been removed from the company or even demoted. One manager who managed a bully even admitted he didn't know how to deal with his bullying report. Because he didn't know how to handle the situation, nothing was done.

I would not recommend working for Schwab. It has not been a good experience for me and a number of folks I know.

Deal with the bullying complaints before Schwab really gets in trouble.

reviews filtered by

Good not great place to work

Current Employee - Operation Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operation Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The biggest pros are the benefits and 401k match. The benefits are top notch in the industry and its tough to beat the 401k match at 5% of salary.

Cons

The base salaries are low and it seems like Schwab would rather pay little and "groom" their employees rather than hiring more qualified individuals at a higher base pay.

Not the best for Financial Consultants

Current Employee - Financial Consultant
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great for clients that are self directed. Many tools and excellent website

Cons

Horrible if you are a Financial Connsultant. They pull you in 10 different directions at the same time and the pay is poor. They are changing compensation and is going to be even worse unless you live in one of the bigger markets.

Eliminate the good old boy club and start hiring talent from outside Schwab.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab