Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com
  www.schwab.com
There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Worst company I have worked for

Former Employee - Representative in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Direct quote from HR to fellow employee, "Well if you don't like it you can go somewhere else, and in this economy good luck." Fellow employee got his license and was still making about 10% less than new hires off the street were hiring in at. He had made all of his "numbers" and had outstanding reviews. Rep came from another department and was treated like a second class citizen. When he met with HR and commented on the fact that strangers off the street were making more than him the response above is was what he got. This i think really is the best Pro to working for the company, you can quit, you don't have to stay, escape is possible. I wouldn't recommend this place to my most hated enemy. I loved this company, it was the company I wanted to work for most of my life and it was a huge disappointment.

Cons

Pay is dismal, as of 2013 they killed the benefits, the management is the worst I have ever seen including my jobs at Kmart and Burger King from high school!!! They manipulate people and offer no room for advancement. Favoritism is at an all time high, I have never seen so much manipulation of power in my life. I have seen great workers held back and watched terrible people succeed. Something akin to a bad movie, the company makes Initech (Office Space) look like a nice place to work. During my 3 year sentence I watched about 250+ people come and go in my small depart that holds at max 45 people! That kind of turnover is a bad sign. It's not just one person in management it's the management overall.

Fire middle management then yourselves, you have ruined a great company!

893 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Branch Office Compliance

Former Employee - Branch Compliance in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Branch Compliance in Boston, MA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Was able to learn and was able to work with the branch manager to segregate responsibilities to take on more responsibilities.

Cons

You have to drink the cool-aid a bit. But overall, this is a good company to work for.

Great place to work

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros

Stability, growth and a great work enviornment

Cons

I had a great 7 years working there, no cons

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab