Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Perfect job for a person with IQ of 80 or below. Must Love Bingo, Pokeno and Coloring.

Current Employee - Broker Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Broker Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I no longer work there.

Cons

When hired they never tell you that there is sales involved. They also never tell you that it is a call center. If you have never worked in call center, you will not know that in this job you do not have any autonomy on anything. Your breaks, lunchtime, and desks are selected for you. I often called it Schwab High School. They tell you silly phrases like "make new best friends on the phone call" or "this is a fun job" You are required to play silly games like Bingo, Pokeno, and do coloring activities ... yes I am serious coloring..like crayons and markers .... If you have a backbone and do not particpate in these ascinine activitie , expect a write up. I was written up for not playing Bingo and not using my personal time to go to happy hour on my own personal time for team activites. If you are person of an IQ of about 80 it is the perfect place to work. They will think for you so there is no need for reasoning or logic.

Evaluate job performance not similarities of personalities. Not every good employee wants to be your friend.

956 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Great people, decent company, lack of opportunity for long term.

Former Employee - Associate of Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate of Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Talented cast of individuals working at the firm.
    Majority are SME and very friendly and willing to help.
    Firm is well known in the industry

Cons

Lack of opportunity for growth on many occasions.
    Promotions exist only whenever someone leaves a position.
    Firm does not cover additional training that may prove helpful in the future for both the firm & the employee.
    Very tight budgets in many departments which also means that you have to make due with what tools you have.

Listen to your employees and contribute in ways that will provide growth opportunities and mentoring for them to succeed. Recognize those employees that put their heart and soul into the company and assist in elevating them to the next level. Motivate and train managers to challenge those on their team to perform to their potential and be sure to listen to their feedback received.

Not what I expected and dissapointing

I worked at Charles Schwab

Pros

The employees of the company, outside of HR were great. Most people there like what they do and enjoy working together.

Cons

I worked in one area of HR during my time there. The HR department didn't hold the same standards and values as other areas of the business. It's too bad, good company but not the best department. Can feel like you are stuck in a position with no room for growth. Also, not typical of other areas of the company but definetely the feeling in that department.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab