There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Perfect job for a person with IQ of 80 or below. Must Love Bingo, Pokeno and Coloring.

Current Employee - Broker Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Broker Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I no longer work there.

Cons

When hired they never tell you that there is sales involved. They also never tell you that it is a call center. If you have never worked in call center, you will not know that in this job you do not have any autonomy on anything. Your breaks, lunchtime, and desks are selected for you. I often called it Schwab High School. They tell you silly phrases like "make new best friends on the phone call" or "this is a fun job" You are required to play silly games like Bingo, Pokeno, and do coloring activities ... yes I am serious coloring..like crayons and markers .... If you have a backbone and do not particpate in these ascinine activitie , expect a write up. I was written up for not playing Bingo and not using my personal time to go to happy hour on my own personal time for team activites. If you are person of an IQ of about 80 it is the perfect place to work. They will think for you so there is no need for reasoning or logic.

Evaluate job performance not similarities of personalities. Not every good employee wants to be your friend.

873 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

ok place to work

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people you will work with are great - esp those in our service centers. Benefits overall are pretty good. Stable job. They still offer a 1 month sabbatical every 5 years of service.

Cons

Salaries are low, expect extremely small increases each year - 2% is pretty standard but with inflation and cost of health insurance increasing each year you'll see no real increase in your salary - maybe $20/payperiod. No real room for advancement especially if you are in a branch and not near one of our larger service centers. Bonus is a joke. I was told it was 15% of your salary when I was hired. I get about 5%. There is also this wacky thing where as your salary increases your bonus goes down bc they "want everyone across the country in the same position to make about the same money". But my coworkers make almost twice what I do bc they have been here forever. The bonus I get doesn't fill the gap between my salary and theirs.

Great people, decent company, lack of opportunity for long term.

Former Employee - Associate of Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate of Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Talented cast of individuals working at the firm.
    Majority are SME and very friendly and willing to help.
    Firm is well known in the industry

Cons

Lack of opportunity for growth on many occasions.
    Promotions exist only whenever someone leaves a position.
    Firm does not cover additional training that may prove helpful in the future for both the firm & the employee.
    Very tight budgets in many departments which also means that you have to make due with what tools you have.

Listen to your employees and contribute in ways that will provide growth opportunities and mentoring for them to succeed. Recognize those employees that put their heart and soul into the company and assist in elevating them to the next level. Motivate and train managers to challenge those on their team to perform to their potential and be sure to listen to their feedback received.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab