Decent place to start a financial career.

Current Employee - Stock Broker  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - Stock Broker in Denver, CO

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good training in the beginning and a good introduction to the financial services industry. Co-workers are mostly helpful and engaged.

Cons

Poor starting salary. Very little chance of advancement unless you want another phone job. Management changes direction often and seems to have very little direction.

Other Reviews for Charles Schwab

Terrible Benefits, Highly Political

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time

Pros

San Francisco Employer, Reasonable Hours

Cons

Benefits Package is terrible compared to much smaller companies. High deductible plans for health, dental and prescription benefits while employee also has to pay more per paycheck. Coinsurance portion is higher than comparable and much smaller firms. You are basically forced to self insure. Hope you don't need a doctor for anything less that a catastrophe. Schwartz socks it to the employee.

This is a highly political organization where you can't feel free to speak your mind.

Don't be so stingy. Treat your employees with some respect by providing them with decent benefits from a highly profitable company.

We are not in Kansas anymore Toto

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In nearly 20 years I haven't seen a positive about working there!

Cons

Unlike the great characters from the wizard of Oz including, the Tin man or the scarecrow, imagine if you will that management is nothing more than Wicked Witches. Who are mean, shellfish and all around plain evil!
    Think about this the wicked witch of the west was mean and a bit of a bully with targeting Dorothy, The Tin man, Scarecrow and the lion.
    Schwab mangers are no different with bullying the employees. I am not sure why Schwab has an HR department as I recently learned that they are not there to help out any of the employees but rather there to watch out for the managers.

Get rid of middle management

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!