Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com

A fulfilling career that has provided a wealth of experience with a company of high integrity.

ProsUnlike traditional brokerage firms, employees at Charles Schwab are salary based employees that are encouraged to always do what is in the best interest of the client. Conflicts of interest are minimal. Continuing education and career advancement are encouraged, and Schwab provides partial tuition and industry exam reimbursement.

ConsCareer advancement within Schwab can be limited by your geographic location. Schwab has their operations geographically diversified across the US, but the main operations are located in San Francisco, Denver, Phoenix, Indianapolis, Orlando and Austin. Proximity to a location with operations that match your career interests can play an important role.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe mandate of Schwab is meaningful, and the role Schwab plays in reshaping the industry continues to focus on putting the clients' needs first. This is vital and should never change. I would suggest devoting more resources to in-house employee development that focuses on optional training for employees looking to move into senior roles such as team management, fund manager, analysts, product management, etc...

Any port in a storm, so if you need a job, Schwab has jobs

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: the checks don't bounce and Schwab is committed to at… Cons: it's no place to be if you have any kind… Advice to Senior Management: Lead. Spend fewer hours holding monthly 1:1 's and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

ok place to work

Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The people you will work with are great - esp those in our service centers. Benefits overall… Cons: Salaries are low, expect extremely small increases each year - 2% is pretty standard but with inflation and cost of health insurance increasing each year… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!