Any port in a storm, so if you need a job, Schwab has jobs

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the checks don't bounce and Schwab is committed to at least keeping up the appearance that they are forward thinking

Cons

it's no place to be if you have any kind of ambition

Lead. Spend fewer hours holding monthly 1:1 's and more thinking of ways you could improve our company.

Other Reviews for Charles Schwab

ok place to work

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people you will work with are great - esp those in our service centers. Benefits overall are pretty good. Stable job. They still offer a 1 month sabbatical every 5 years of service.

Cons

Salaries are low, expect extremely small increases each year - 2% is pretty standard but with inflation and cost of health insurance increasing each year you'll see no real increase in your salary - maybe $20/payperiod. No real room for advancement especially if you are in a branch and not near one of our larger service centers. Bonus is a joke. I was told it was 15% of your salary when I was hired. I get about 5%. There is also this wacky thing where as your salary increases your bonus goes down bc they "want everyone across the country in the same position to make about the same money". But my coworkers make almost twice what I do bc they have been here forever. The bonus I get doesn't fill the gap between my salary and theirs.

Great people, decent company, lack of opportunity for long term.

Former Employee - Associate of Operations  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Associate of Operations in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Talented cast of individuals working at the firm.
    Majority are SME and very friendly and willing to help.
    Firm is well known in the industry

Cons

Lack of opportunity for growth on many occasions.
    Promotions exist only whenever someone leaves a position.
    Firm does not cover additional training that may prove helpful in the future for both the firm & the employee.
    Very tight budgets in many departments which also means that you have to make due with what tools you have.

Listen to your employees and contribute in ways that will provide growth opportunities and mentoring for them to succeed. Recognize those employees that put their heart and soul into the company and assist in elevating them to the next level. Motivate and train managers to challenge those on their team to perform to their potential and be sure to listen to their feedback received.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!