There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Controlling overbearing slow backward arrogant dumb

Former Employee - Technical Director  in  Austin, TX
Former Employee - Technical Director in Austin, TX

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cant think of one thing

Cons

So slow to get anything done I cant believe they are still in business.

Fire yourselves and look for new jobs

853 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Ho Hum

Former Employee - Vice President, Financial Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President, Financial Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people with diverse professional and personal backgrounds.

Cons

Extremely slow mobility to move laterally, upward, etc.

be your employee's best advocate

Good job, good benefits. But upward mobility is hard

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good benefits---medical, dental, vision, retirement fund, etc.
    - employee can get a 1-month sabbatical, paid, after working at Schwab for 5 years as an FTE
    -Good company culture.
    -Depending on your department, good salary. I work in marketing division and have a very good SF salary while I work in a smaller city in the Midwest.
    -I enjoy working with a lot of smart, talented, healthy, down-to-earth nice people and see a lot of nice people in other divisions.
    -upward mobility is easy if you are a longtime employee
    -ergonomic setup is a great benefit

Cons

- I know call center folks have pay similar to other companies, which is a too low-end salary rate being that Schwab call center employees need to be certified with Series 7 etc.
    - upward mobility is difficult in various departments if you are not a long time employee
    - I work in a division with some long-time employees who are unprofessional and outright mean and vindictive to their fellow employees.I was surprised that they cannot be reasoned with and called out to speak and behave in reasonable tones. Because of their long-standing employment nothing serious is done about their behavior.
    -as in any work environment, favoritism exists. Favorites, those with longer work relationships or friendships with upper management, get the better projects and the better opportunities. Some inexperienced people have been put in management or director positions. This has caused a lot of mistakes, resistance to process, improvements and stress overall.
    - Schwab's implementation of multi-geography workforce and the process of relocating SF employees, and letting go of SF-based positions and rehiring those positions in branches in smaller cities is difficult for SF employees. some long-time SF employees are threatened, who can blame them. This has caused some friction in the ranks when old employees must work with new employees who have replaced their old colleagues. Unprofessional things happen but these are humans whose livelihoods are at stake.

I have seen some managers directors not do their jobs well. i recommend that anonymous reverse reviews(not complaints but reviews) for performance of upper management should be seriously considered.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!