Charles Schwab
www.schwab.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Great work/life balance but difficult to progress in your career

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsGood work life balance and flexibility. There are a lot of nice, hard working people working as associates, some weaknesses in middle management, and some intelligent hard working people in the more senior roles.

ConsSalaries are not as competitive as other companies. Hard to move up - tend to get stuck in a position and management doesn't seem to set career goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is better to have less smart people and pay them more than to just keep hiring mediocre people at mediocre salaries.

Short mixed experience

Managing Director (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros: Strong Culture and well meaning employees and operations management Cons: San Francisco headquarters is out of touch with the real… Advice to Senior Management: Improve human resources management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for, great environment!

Broker Trainee (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for less than a year

Pros: Everyone is very passionate about the company and provided great training.… Cons: In certain departments, the training is lengthy so they require you to stay in your… Advice to Senior Management: Overall satisfied with the working environment. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charles Schwab reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charles Schwab CEO Walt Bettinger II. All reviews posted anonymously by Charles Schwab employees.