There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

good times

Former Employee - Broker in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Broker in Denver, CO

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

fun happy good tons of cash

Cons

none that i can think of right now

reviews filtered by

Opportunity is what you make of it

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, such as sabbatical every 5 years, good healthcare, flexible hours and open to telecommuting. Found the company to almost always do the Right Thing even when they could very easily get away with doing less, whether it's for their customers or their employees. I found there to be a niche for everyone, whether you're a climber and a superstar or someone who just wants a steady 9-5, going above and beyond tends to get people rewarded and recognized (not sure about financially -- I was a 9-5er), but if you just get your job done, nobody is riding you to "wear more pieces of flair" if that's not your bag. Point is, if you want to throw yourself into your job, it won't go unnoticed.

Cons

Like most public companies, share value take priority over pushing projects to the next level, which is ultimately why I got laid off (but with an extremely fair severance). Schwab is very risk averse and conservative in terms of business practices (much less uptight otherwise than most financial services firms, however), so that can make it hard to innovate or get things done at anything other than a snail's pace.

Set the procurement tool on fire and spend some money on a comprehensive compliance review tool.

2. Great opportunities

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time

Pros

Willing to help you advance in your career, competitive pay, good work/life balance, they don't ask too much of you

Cons

Big company, upper management is very distant, can care about the shareholders too much

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab