Charles Schwab

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab

Long successful career, but concerns over Sr. Management's valuing employees

Current Employee - Managing Director
Current Employee - Managing Director

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Client focused, values driven, great products and services, good client facing technology, great value for clients.

Cons

Sr. Management focus on clients and shareholder is out of balance relative to employees, causing low morale and an uncertain future.

Find the right balance between all three constituents or your quality employees will leave

951 Other Employee Reviews for Charles Schwab (View Most Recent)

Not the same company, now cookie cutter just like rest of the call center financial firms in Phoenix.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their insatiable appetite to make decisions based on the bottom line and low level managers being low level across the board forced me to find myself and find a much better way.

Cons

Too many to list if you have a soul. Any time spent here will certainly compromise anything positive that you believe in.

Get a clue....bunch of clowns....people are not stupid or stuck. Leveraging poor job market scare tactics to have their way and think they can make all the rules. Stop hiring people to post all the positive comments on Glassdoor. I've been on the inside, I know the truth....it's a joke but only funny in hindsight. Very sad for the many people that I know still there.

Reality of corporate politics do not match up to their proclaimed lofty corporate ideals & values.

Former Employee - Branch Senior Client Consultant
    Former Employee - Branch Senior Client Consultant

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to gain experience, especially for young professionals starting out in the industry.

Cons

Unless you work at corporate headquarters in San Francisco, advancement opportunities are fairly limited. The sharks climbing the corporate ladder in SF HQ pretty much view the branches and branch employees only as fodder for whatever hair-brained schemes & plans they come up with in their attempts to advance their own agenda / careers.

Get out of your ivory towers and visit the employees in the branches and service centers more often, and with a genuine attitude that you can learn from them instead of viewing yourselves as the hot-shot corporate know-it-alls.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Schwab