Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com

From great to mediocre

ProsBefore 2007, this was the best company in the industry to work for. Management pushed decision making as close to the client as possible allowing for excellent customer service. Innovation reigned supreme and taking calculated risks to benefit clients was the norm. One could have an exciting career doing the best work of their lives. Work that really mattered to clients and to the company.

ConsUnfortunately, with the leadership changes and the 2008 market upheaval this is a very different company. Innovation is frowned upon and even looking outside the box can get you labeled as a detractor.

Decision making has been centralized to one corner office leaving middle and senior management unempowered and spending all of their time making powerpoint presentations and socializing ideas before anything can move forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementInnovation is not a bad word. You can not run a business with a zero risk tolerance strategy. Waiting for interest rates to rise is not a strategy. Difference of opinion is not a bad thing, conflict and variety of ideas are good things. Stop hiding under your shell and lead again. The industry needs you. Individual investors and advisors need you.

Overall Ok experience

Human Resources (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible work from home when needed. A lot of… Cons: Inexperienced immature management teams in HR. 5 of the 8 people on my team left within 3 months of… Advice to Senior Management: Terrible leaders can ruin entire departments as I experienced. My manager and her peer… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Client Service Specialist

Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Charles Schwab full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fair compensation, good benefits, treat there employee great. Cons: Slow advancement, the job is not fulfilling. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!