Worked there for 7 years

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salary, benefits, hours, nice people to work with

Cons

Politics, hard to change things, and conservative business

reviews filtered by

They stab you in the back once you reach 16 yrs in tenure.

Former Employee - Retirement Services Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Retirement Services Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

the people you work for

Cons

they do not value their tenure employees.

Advice to Management

go back to the way you valued your senior employees while Chuck was in charge of the company,.

Great if you drink the Kool-aid....

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Charles Schwab full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits. The company offers a friendly and fun culture as a whole but for me this did not translate into a good working environment. I was constantly put on the spot and made to feel uncomfortable the entire time. Its like working in a fish bowl. The micro management is severe.

Cons

Constant black outs for vacations especially during the holidays and Saturdays. Tax season is horrible. No vacation time allowed from Jan thru April. High turnover. There is not much room to move up in the Indianapolis site unless you want to remain on the phones. You have no say on your schedule. Yes you can bid, however, my options were :basically all the same schedule but at varying times of the day. For example, I could work Sun-Thurs 8-6:30 or 8:30-7 and so on. If I cant work Sun, this is no help! Dont be fooled! Unrealistic expectations for being on the phones. I was afraid to go the bathroom as I knew it would count against my stats. Seriously! If you are loud, obnoxious and have a strong bladder, you will do just fine. However if you are a more reserved person who likes the liberty of not being chained to a desk, run..don't walk away from Schwab. They def have their favorites. You can tell by how the bonuses are paid. Not much room for growth in Indy unless you want to stay in a call center.

Advice to Management

Provide your staff with available time to use earned vacation during the year. More schedule options. Stop putting people on the spot in meetings and forcing them into uncomfortable situations that have nothing to do with the job. I gave up playing games in grade school. I'm an educated adult and am here to work. Stop allowing CSRs to run meetings. Its demeaning to an educated professional to be told what to do by a loud mouth glorified clerk. I expect to hear from my team manager.