Charles Schwab

www.schwab.com

Great Company now Mediocre

Senior Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFor a firm in financial services, heavy focus on being ethical and helping the individual investor become financially fit. Survived the implosion - did not have to rely on TARP funds. Collegial culture with sense of strong work-life balance. Base salary fairly competitive.

ConsLack of career path development and opportunities for advancement. For a firm in the financial services, bonus is pathetic. CEO not very well liked; doesn't seem to fit in Schwab culture (SF Headquarters). Lack of diversity at senior and executive management level. Geographic strategy in place to relocate jobs to lower cost areas of the country reducing footprint in San Francisco and negatively impacting level of talent. Constant reorgs and layoffs have decreased morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to grow and promote people from the ranks. Why hire a VP with no experience in the business from another firm when you have Directors ready to move to the next level? Likewise with DIrectorships, why not look at talent at the Senior Manager level for opportunities to promote?

I ws very happy and thankful to work for Schwab.

Broker (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Charles Schwab

Pros: The people I worked with and the managers I worked for. I did feel respected… Cons: Lack of promotion, due to the general turn down in the marketplace. Unsure if all of… Advice to Senior Management: Better efforts to decrease turnover. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Employee morale in Advisor Services is low.

Advisor Services Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

I have been working at Charles Schwab

Pros: Pay and benefits are decent. The company overall is a very good one… Cons: Employee morale in Advisor Services Orlando is very low. This is partly due to sweeping changes in the overall industry, but primarily due to… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to putting our clients and employees on the frontlines first. Consider a major MIDDLE management shuffle. We… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Charles Schwab.

Worked for Charles Schwab? Contribute to the Community!