Good Place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Charles Tyrwhitt

Pros

It is a solid company that treats their employees well. They offer a great discount for employees. The hours are good and you are home by no later then 9 most nights, which is great for NYC.

Cons

Since it is a mens wear company the women's uniform choice is very limited. But a very minor complaint since they give you the uniform for free.

My only comment would be the lack of presence on the sales floor.

Other Reviews for Charles Tyrwhitt

suck

I have been working at Charles Tyrwhitt full-time for more than a year

Pros

75% off discount thats it

Cons

everything else, management, customers extremely rude

Great people, but suffers from lack of benefits (especially fake employee discount) and stagnation.

I have been working at Charles Tyrwhitt full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I work with are really great. The upper management based in the U.K. are very friendly. On their visits, they will have a conversation with even the lowest employee. Even the district manager takes the time out to speak to us individually with the door closed which is actually very refreshing.

Cons

Low pay, no commissions on sales, no overtime. Discount for employees is the same actually less than the customers! So essentially, there is no discount at all. P.O.S. is rather glitchy, no advancement opportunities, lack of proper training, we have to lie to customers about where the products are actually made, low quality merchandise sold at a massive markup, delay in corporate decisions because they are all made in the U.K. U.S. warehouse is a mess. Taking customer details to spam them claiming that we are doing it purely to make returns easier.

We have none of the benefits that our U.K. counterparts have. We are working full time hours, and yet they refuse to classify us as full-time employers. Instead they opt to claim that we are part-time employees so they can deny us benefits. With a descent salary and benefits, you could have a very dedicated staff, but constantly trying to deny us benefits and a descent wage despite making massive profits speaks to just how highly they value loyalty.

There are newer employer reviews for Charles Tyrwhitt.

Worked for Charles Tyrwhitt? Contribute to the Community!