Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools
www.cms.k12.nc.us Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Good Public Institution

Executive Director (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC

ProsThis is a very large public entity with lots of opportunities across business sectors. Great salary and benefits packages. Also allows investment in state retirement system.

ConsThe size of the organization and it being public sometimes means that things move slow and there is some bureaucratic stuff to deal with. Much of the experience depends on the specific business unit or supervisor you have.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook outside of education for management positions sometimes.

Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools

Special Education Teacher (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: They offer tons of professional development. Cons: constant changes in policy, principals, and co workers. You have to pay $50 to use… Advice to Senior Management: Stop moving principals so much. Stop making so many systematic… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Its definitely not about the students!

High (Former Employee)

I worked at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Summers and major holidays off, depending on the age group… Cons: They want you to teach to the test and the kids are not prepared to be competitive in the real world.… Advice to Senior Management: Re-evaluate how you promote principals to central office positions, most of them… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.

Worked for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools CEO Heath Morrison. All reviews posted anonymously by Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools employees.