A good starting point.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, CA
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Glendale, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe

Pros

40% employee discount. 50% employee appreciation discount. Affordable clothing. Casual work environment. Not much stress on personal sales goals from corporate.

Cons

Limited direction from corporate in terms of career growth. District Managers very disconnected. Harsh payroll guidelines (payroll percent). Limited feedback and celebration for professional achievements.

Advice to Management

The best way to connect with your employees and business is to BE THERE and BE PRESENT. Having corporate and district managers who have not worked in a retail store setting for some 20+ years does not allow them to understand the current challenges and struggles of today's sales environment.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not the worst, but certainly not the best

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Charlotte Russe

Pros

able to pick up extra shifts from others enjoyed interacting with customers employee discount is wonderful

Cons

assistant managers were mostly rude don't offer assistance or advice when needed condescending horrible attitudes overall managers need to treat associates the way they'd like to be treated instead of barking orders

Advice to Management

offer team building to make everyone feel like they are an asset to the company decrease the distinction between management and associate, the power trips are ridiculous

2. It was alright.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Sandy, UT

I worked at Charlotte Russe

Pros

Discount Good music short shifts Easy.

Cons

Poor pay Rude managers Unfairness Biased. Managers would favor associates more than others Dissatisfied, I harldy ever got any praise, and got told everything i was doing wrong. How managers treated me here affected me to my current jobs with my mindset thinking I will "screw up" or do something wrong. In reality I'm not.