Charlotte Russe

Burnt Out

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Charlotte Russe

Pros

There is free street parking all around the area because it is not located downtown. The environment is really casual -- from tank tops to shorts and sweats, it's all welcomed. Bonus is standardized and bi-yearly. The discount is amazing if you can find a store close to you.

Cons

The idea of working in fast fashion retail makes you believe that this place would be a wonderland to work in. This company boasts about functioning like a startup that encourages each employee to have a voice. It doesn't tale long to see that no one really cares about your ideas or willingness to do things different. People are very territorial and reluctant to change. It makes the experience hard to bear for too long. Hence, why turnover is pretty high. Many leave burnt out and underpaid.

There is not enough training and investment into employee development. Also, many of the managers probably have never actually managed anyone before. Leadership should also take training courses. The management should take more time to encourage and recognize talent. Then maybe the turnover would not be so high.

292 Other Employee Reviews for Charlotte Russe (View Most Recent)

Not the best, but not the worst...

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Charlotte Russe part-time (less than a year)

Pros

I loved that there wasn't a strict dress code like most stores. I loved the discounts the employees were given! My shifts wouldn't seem like forever because we were always busy. I did make some good friends while working there.

Cons

It was hard to get along with management because they had fake personalities. The hours sucked because we had a large staff. Along with that, the wage sucked ($7.35). I would hate being on register always asking for emails. If I would forget to ask, I would be chastised. I would have to take public transportation, which got me there late sometimes and they weren't really that understanding. Also, management did show favoritism amongst the employees. Sad to say, I would never want to work at Charlotte Russe again.

None.

Not too many hours available

Current Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier in Denver, CO

I have been working at Charlotte Russe part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are extremely flexible as far as schedule and pretty laid back. It's not hard to catch on to tasks you just really have to prioritize.

Cons

In the summer there aren't a lot of hours available because they hire on too many girls for coverage, but if you prove you're a good worker you will be fine.

There are newer employer reviews for Charlotte Russe