There are newer employer reviews for Charming Charlie

Decent

Current Employee - Charmer
Current Employee - Charmer

I have been working at Charming Charlie part-time for less than a year

Pros

It's like you're shopping while you work.

Cons

You have to clean the restroom

Adhere to employees availability

195 Other Employee Reviews for Charming Charlie (View Most Recent)

Great Girls Horrible Corporate

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Charming Charlie part-time for more than a year

Pros

get to meet great people and they have great product quantity not quality

Cons

no communication and double work

be cool to all charmers

Let's just say, I'm not charmed.

I worked at Charming Charlie part-time for less than a year

Pros

- 20% discount: Which is great for upcoming holidays. Not so great for my personal tastes.
    - Kind co-workers who you give you the prospect of making friendships

Cons

-The merchandise in general: cheap, gaudy, and poorly made (I'd say 30% of the merchandise breaks, or will break). It's an overwhelming atmosphere, with a skewed idea of what's "on-trend".
    -Management: Those who manage the store are overbearing, and give you the feeling that you're being watched incessantly. This caused me to feel under constant scrutiny, which I was. If they didn't blatantly criticize your actions, they used their "check-ups" as a passive aggressive way to tell you that you don't meet their standards. When I say check-ups, I'm talking about a test they give you to see whether your idea of the job you're doing is the same as theirs. My opinion: I was doing an above average job. I treated the tasks they gave me with pride. However, I'm not pushy and I'd rather be relaxed than conform to their overbearing perspective of customer service. Their opinion: I wasn't performing up to their standards, and they seemed to take enjoyment in saying this in a condescending way. I was offended by how they belittled my intelligence. They made it seem like there were little to no positives about my work ethic. All in all, there's a lot of favoritism that I've witnessed the managers take part in. The managers frequently talk about other employees and even customers behind their back. They don't praise you when you think you're doing a great job. Instead, they micro-manage and baby-sit you.
    -Scheduling: Little to no hours, due to the fact that they over-hire associates instead of keeping a reliable group of girls. I'd say that I've averaged 8 to 10 hours weekly. It's not a job that you can live off of, which doesn't raise workplace moral in my opinion.
    -Dress code: Let's be honest, six accessories is excessive. If co-workers take off half of their jewelry when they leave the store, what's the point?

Learn to appreciate your employees, and acknowledge their strengths. Focusing on the weaknesses makes us feel inferior. Respect your employees, they don't show up to work for nothing. We want to earn money, and enjoy it in the process. We don't want to always look over our shoulders, and feel like we have to be irritating robots to get the job done. If your employees have their own methods of doing things, and they work, don't try to change it. Stop hiring so many people, it seems greedy on your part. Hiring no full-time employees is a blatant attempt at dodging costly benefits. In truth, providing your employees with a full time job with benefits would raise workplace moral. We would do a better job, and keep our job longer.

There are newer employer reviews for Charming Charlie

Worked for Charming Charlie? Contribute to the Community!