BUSY

Current Employee - General Store Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - General Store Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

good benefits, exciting environment, great opportunities

Cons

not enough support for the field, goals are unattainable with resources given, not enough structure, no accountability, they do not treat all managers fairly

Advice to Management

Listen

Other Employee Reviews for Charming Charlie

1. Best place to start a career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

As a recent college graduate, I can honestly say that Charming Charlie is a great place to start a career in the retail industry. Working at the corporate office is challenging, yet exciting. I am constantly learning and growing with each day. My position at Charming Charlie has allowed me to take on immense responsibility, giving me the opportunity to make an impact on the business. As one of the fastest growing retailers in the country, Charming Charlie has plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. We work hard at the corporate office, but still make time to have fun. I would definitely recommend Charming Charlie to anyone looking for a fun career opportunity.

Cons

It is difficult to get to know everyone in the office because we are expanding so rapidly. Also, there is limited office access on the weekends.

Advice to Management

Continue interacting and getting to know new employees. It really makes a difference to those starting a career with the company.

Once in a lifetime retail career opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Pros

I have worked at the corporate office for a year and have been given the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of the fastest growing retailler in the U.S. Management truly has an open door policy and welcomes any and all suggestions on how to establish processs and make changes to make the company even better. The executive team has done a great job promoting a team environment at the corporate office. Their day to day involvement in the business helps promote the team atmosphere and makes employees know their opinions matter and their hard work is appreciated. Prior to Charming Charlie I worked at the corporate office for another major US retailer before relocating to Houston. I can honestly say I have learned more in the past year than I have in the previous 10 years of my career. Here at Charming Charlie we are given the ability to do far more than what our job descriptions indicate allowing us a unique opportunity to learn all areas of the business. The corporate office team is a diverse group of talented and experienced retail professionals. Our human resources department works tirelessly to recruit the best of the best. It's a privilege to work with such a dedicated group of people. It's a very team oriented and fun environment to work in every day. I realize how fortunate I am to have this once in a lifetime career experience working for an award winning retailer on the rise to even greater success in the years ahead.

Cons

It's a very hard working and fast paced environment so it's easy to forget to take the time to celebrate all of our success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working!