Charming Charlie

BUSY

Current Employee - General Store Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - General Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Charming Charlie

Pros

good benefits, exciting environment, great opportunities

Cons

not enough support for the field, goals are unattainable with resources given, not enough structure, no accountability, they do not treat all managers fairly

Listen

225 Other Employee Reviews for Charming Charlie (View Most Recent)

Do Not Work Here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

I worked at Charming Charlie

Pros

discount
    prices
    customers
    charmers
    organized by color
    selection of merchadise

Cons

poor management
    housekeeping issues
    no breaks
    understaffed
    managers in office

managers need to work more on sales floor instead of being in an office all day, it is retail afterall. employess working long shifts with no breaks, i have never heard of such a thing, at least a 10 minute break for 4 hours worked and a 30 minute break for less than 6 hours, that is what most companys do. the dress code is ridiculous, should be more fashion forward, not so much black! little to no staff on sales floor, jewelry looks dumped on sales floor. too many fixtures per table, no real merchandising being done.

Once in a lifetime retail career opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Charming Charlie

Pros

I have worked at the corporate office for a year and have been given the opportunity to directly contribute to the success of the fastest growing retailler in the U.S. Management truly has an open door policy and welcomes any and all suggestions on how to establish processs and make changes to make the company even better. The executive team has done a great job promoting a team environment at the corporate office. Their day to day involvement in the business helps promote the team atmosphere and makes employees know their opinions matter and their hard work is appreciated.
    Prior to Charming Charlie I worked at the corporate office for another major US retailer before relocating to Houston. I can honestly say I have learned more in the past year than I have in the previous 10 years of my career. Here at Charming Charlie we are given the ability to do far more than what our job descriptions indicate allowing us a unique opportunity to learn all areas of the business.
    The corporate office team is a diverse group of talented and experienced retail professionals. Our human resources department works tirelessly to recruit the best of the best. It's a privilege to work with such a dedicated group of people. It's a very team oriented and fun environment to work in every day. I realize how fortunate I am to have this once in a lifetime career experience working for an award winning retailer on the rise to even greater success in the years ahead.

Cons

It's a very hard working and fast paced environment so it's easy to forget to take the time to celebrate all of our success.

Keep doing what you're doing! It's working!

There are newer employer reviews for Charming Charlie