Charter College
www.chartercollege.edu Anchorage, AK 16 to 50 Employees

Lack of transparency and de-valuing of the human resource...Created the current 2013 exodus of employees

Instructor (Current Employee)
Anchorage, AK

ProsIf you completed your graduate degree in anything and can effectively articulate your skill set within your field, then you will be hired to meet the current ACICS accreditation requirements for education level of instructors. This organization provides a nice filler for your curriculum vitae.

ConsIf you do not mind the inequity in pay amongst instructors (the compliant non-aggressive instructors are kept...the ones that speak out are quickly removed), the cattle call of ill-prepared and ill-informed students streaming through your classrooms and the plethora of no-notice changes for changes sake, then you will feel quite at home with Charter College.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider the recent centralization of the seats of power and revisit two of the principles of management (1) Span of control...the ability to supervise employees over a geographical location and (2) Unity of command...having one boss to report to. The president of each campus no longer has final decision-making authority and many of the employees have little faith in that position when regional vice presidents are finalizing most the decisions.

OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Charter College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The students are fun to work with. Cons: Everything else. staff, management, etc No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Revolving door of employees is endless

I have been working at Charter College full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good benefits and salaries are competitive Cons: Employees often get fired with only a week or a… Advice to Senior Management: Desperately need new C-level management No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Charter College.

Worked for Charter College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charter College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charter College CEO Michael Dawson. All reviews posted anonymously by Charter College employees.