Charter Communications
www.charter.com Stamford, CT 5000+ Employees

Good company with a bad rep

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsI do think that Charter is a good place to work - they've been thrown under the bus because of past problems, and it's hard to dig out from a large hole. But they do try, and that's more than a lot of other companies. The free cable and internet is a nice bene. And most of the people that I've worked with have been good people, and I've enjoyed getting to know them. I think they are flexible with hours and time, as long as you get your job done (I'm not hourly, so that may not apply to hourly employees?)

ConsI get the feeling that employees are not privy to a lot of the information that management has about the direction of the company, prospects for the future, etc. It seems like there is an inner circle of people who are "in the know" and if you're not in theat group, or tight with someone in that group, it hurts you professionally, and financially. This is all speculation, and just a feeling I get. I do hope I'm wrong about it, but even if I'm wrong, not having the confidence that I'm being told everything I should be is a downside to the company.

Advice to Senior Managementthere are so many rank and file employees who WANT to do well, and are motivated to help the company. Make an effort to find them, and hear what they have to say, what they would change, and why. We can improve the company.

Glad to have work.

Senior Systems Technician (Current Employee)
    Overland, MO

I have been working at Charter Communications

Pros: Free cable/internet and discounted phone service. Ability for field techs to take vehicles home. Company vehicles have a gas card, obviously to be used only… Cons: Mandatory overtime without storm damage. Management expecting employees to sacrifice family time while they are not willing to do the same. Charter management… Advice to Senior Management: Don't expect the field techs to make sacrifices that you aren't willing to… More

How bad management can kill a company.

Senior Systems Technician (Former Employee)
    Madison, WI

I worked at Charter Communications

Pros: All the overtime you could want. Great if you're single. A good benefits package and, if you overlook their recent class action lawsuit, the… Cons: Sr. Management will do anything to avoid upgrading existing infrastructure and making any serious capital expenditures. Be prepared to fix… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to you employees who are in the field every… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Charter Communications.

Worked for Charter Communications? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Charter Communications reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Charter Communications CEO Thomas M. Rutledge. All reviews posted anonymously by Charter Communications employees.