Charter Communications

There are newer employer reviews for Charter Communications

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Network Engineer III in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Network Engineer III in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Gaining a lot of experience and the people I work with are friendly and always willing to help and educate.

Cons

None worth mentioning at this time

none

433 Other Employee Reviews for Charter Communications (View Most Recent)

Horrible, Chaotic, Managerial Nightmare

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Charter Communications as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Co workers share the same amount of stress, There's a cafeteria, oh wait it's expensive and really bad food. There's a gym, oh wait, there never time to use it since your constantly under the gun to meet unrealistic deadlines

Cons

No process, No ownership of products, Management doesn't care about the product or the people, If a defect is found and it doesn't suit the managers, the defect is ignored. The internal systems and network are so locked down, you are unable to easily work through problems.

Get new management and PM's that care about the products and people.

You Are Just A Number

Current Employee - Broadband Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Broadband Sales Consultant in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time

Pros

The pros used to be the pay. That has been declining for years now. I can't think of any pro now.

Cons

The new leadership has destroyed anything good about this company. I used to tell people how much i LOVED my job. Then everything changed. The perks are gone. The processes changed. The commission changed, AGAIN. The team leaders expect you to self incriminate so they can write you up later. It's a focused railroading. I have been written up for "performance" while being 100% to all my goals that are measured. It's maddening.

Then the icing on the cake is the Site Director's LinkedIn. It says, and I quote, "Successfully transitioned entire Retention Department (182 Employees) to Sales in 30 days without any employee morale issues". this is a straight out bold faced lie. It doesn't mention all the former retention reps that took a severance package when offered, instead of staying. Also, how is morale a measurable thing? I just said that I used to love my job, now I don't. That proves the morale part wrong.

The also recently took away Sales Advisor positions, which was the step between Sales and Management. So now there are LESS opportunities to move up. And all of this is being done with the new senior leadership building a new headquarters up north, which is costing a ton I am sure, where they are from. They are also using money to "renovate" the current call center with new paint and art, which is just a waste of money.

Speaking of senior leadership... take a look at the call center. You have a broad mix of people. Lot's of women, men, black people, gay people, white people, tall people, asian people, old people, young people, etc. It's a very diverse group. Then look at senior leadership. EVERY single position is an old white person, except for HR, which is an old white woman. There is something very wrong with that picture.

It doesn't matter what I say here. First of all, you need to have a profitable company. Then, maybe look at the companies that have the happiest employees. Maybe do something like they do. Google, Apple, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Charter Communications