Charter Communications

There are newer employer reviews for Charter Communications

Charter is a good job

Current Employee - Broadband Sales Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Broadband Sales Specialist in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is very good

Cons

Company changes the commission a lot.

None

469 Other Employee Reviews for Charter Communications (View Most Recent)

Lack of focus on employees and customers

Former Employee - Customer Service Professional
    Former Employee - Customer Service Professional

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing positive to report regarding this company.

Cons

Lack of quality management, no training, poor customer service, low value product

Revamp company, focus on customer to make the organization a place employees can be proud to work. Managers should have some level of expertise and leadership skills.

Very Poor Upper Management

Current Employee - Retention Advisor
    Current Employee - Retention Advisor

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Health benefits and great coworkers. We used to have a reciprocal discount with other cable providers if we didn't live in the Charter footprint but that has been taken away because Charter decided to end the program

Cons

Oh where to begin...
    A complete lack of communication, policies change daily, metrics are contradictory so there is always a reason to discipline an employee. Almost all perks and incentives have been taken away, they have rearranged the call centers and have taken away any and all perks they can think of. They just spent an ungodly amount of money on large flat screen TVs to replace the old clunky ones, then turned around and turned them all off. Now they flash metric tables and graphs. They focus on how awful the employees are doing and ask for unrealistic numbers. They "rewarded" our call center for being the best at what we do yet cut our pay, stripped our benefits, and created discord among departments. There is a total breakdown of teamwork between call centers now because of the new policies. Confusion, frustration, and now empty pockets abide.

Morale is at an all-time low since I have been working here and it continues to diminish every day.

Your unrealistic metrics and dictatorship approach are going to run the company right back into the ground. You thank your frontline employees (the ones who did the dirty work of helping get the company out of bankruptcy) by slashing pay and benefits. The company turned a profit for the first time since bankruptcy and instead of a bonus, we got our pay cut over 20%. How does that make sense?

There are newer employer reviews for Charter Communications