Good

Former Employee - Broadband Installer in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Broadband Installer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Charter Communications (Less than a year)

Pros

Good entry pay for a position such as this

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this job

Other Employee Reviews for Charter Communications

1. Great Company to work for

I have been working at Charter Communications full-time

Pros

Awesome company to work for, very flexible and nice management.

Cons

Didn't really have any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Charter Communications Outside Sales & Inbound call sales

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Simpsonville, SC
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Simpsonville, SC

I worked at Charter Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Training, Very Flexible Schedule as an outside sales representative, Nice Working environment, nice compensation for the first few months.

Cons

Outside sales position is presented to new employees as a great position with high compensation and great benefits. Benefits are horrible no matter which plan you pick. HR does not explain or understand the benefit packages well enough to convey the important features needed to be understood by employees. For example no matter which plan you pick you are not given enough money in your account to cover the deductible. the deductible is $1500 and the best plan you can pick the HRA90 gives you 750 which will cover maybe 2 or 3 visits a year. If you have to fill prescriptions every month. The doctor bills you 100% of every visit until you reach $1500. $750 does not go very far with this type of billing therefore you will be paying out of pocket another $750 before you start getting help from your insurance. You do however get 1 free physical for free every 1 or 2 years. That important little fact was not explained to any of us by HR. Charter internal operations is very unorganized. The first day of my training HR forgot about us for an 1hr, we had to find them and tell them we were sitting in a room waiting on someone to continue our orientation. Direct (Outside) Sales is extremely difficult to reach quotas. When I worked there you had to reach a certain number of sales per month to get paid any type of commission. This was extremely difficult and less the half reached that number every month. I was under the impression that a monthly quota would be based off of average sales met by employees. It was less the 10% reaching quota every month which just doesn't make any sense. Broadband Sales (inbound calls in call center) This position was a complete joke. Horrible Yield based Quotas that do not align with Central Goal of what a sales call center should expect. The goal is to take the least amount of calls a day in order to reach the highest payout each month. That really does not make any sense at all. You are punished and written up for simply receiving a call and transferring them to the correct department. The sales department tries to achieve goals that harm charter in the long run. Achieving these goals involve teaching your call center sales teams to not listen to anything the customer is calling in for and just spit out sales lines even if the customer called into to get their cable box working again. This is destroying charters relationship with its customers. That is not good for the company overall but does help charters sales department with its numbers. Overall the turnover rate at charter for outside sales is extremely high so keep that in mind. In the inbound call center expect to be successful if you have no problems upsetting or misleading customers as to what the actual price plans cost.

Advice to Management

Align all departments to strive to achieve goals that are good for the company long term and enforce this by watching over each department closely. Organize, Organize, Organize.