Charter Communications

Disparity between employees' capabilities

Current Employee - Network Specialist in Simpsonville, SC
Current Employee - Network Specialist in Simpsonville, SC

I have been working at Charter Communications

Pros

Friendly people; Fairly intuitive job functions

Cons

Strong disparity between other employees' capabilities; Pay; Management

Listen and act on your employee's concerns.

449 Other Employee Reviews for Charter Communications (View Most Recent)

pretty great place to work, with a few flaws..

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Charter Communications

Pros

Great comission plans-- the money was the biggest pro as far as I was concerned. The benefit plans were pretty inexpensive.. They give chance after chance after CHANCE to those who tend to have attendance problems, or performance issues. Personally, I think it's a great place to work. It's cake to get hired.. they seriously hire ANYONE. So it seems... During my interview.. I was basically told I had the job before we even started the interview.. lol..

Cons

Same cons as there are at any call center. Turnover is very high. Seems like every few weeks they are having a new orientation, and new classes coming into nesting. Meaning of course that people are getting termed.. but due to good reasons. If you can't show up on time for your shift, you call in a lot, or you want to screw over customers and add things to their accounts without their knowledge to bump up your commission, This is probably not for you. Also if you are sensitive, and can't take criticism regarding how to improve your current work habits, It's probably not the job for you either. But if you are driven, determined to succeed, show up for work on time, EVERYDAY.. you might just do well here :) Company does not really promote from within. They tend to hire outside for supervisor positions. Which in my opinion is a huge draw back for a company. I only quit because of relocation reasons..However, after I left I have heard from numerous friends I still keep in contact with from Charter that they were letting go 3-4 people A WEEK. However, I'm sure there were good reasons behind it. If you can't do your job.. why would they pay you.. Or, if you can't show up for your job.. Seems pretty simple to me! Show up, do your job, get money! Sounds like a concept!!! :P

Promote from within... There are good people on the floor that have been there for a long time who deserve to be recognized!!! Be a little picky about who you hire.. it might help to retain more employees. Also.. there is too much fear on the floor from people feeling like they are going to get let go everyday.. Keep up morale, and people MIGHT perform better.

Charter good pay poor focus

Current Employee - Corporate Grunt in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Corporate Grunt in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Charter Communications

Pros

Good Pay
    good overall work enviroment
    great benefits
    Steady job

Cons

Poor communications throughout the organization
    They ignore the customer only worry abour profits (with their debt they have to)
    Movement is difficult they peg you one way and it is hard to grow
    The public will always have a complaint when they find out you work for Charter

Put the customer first and they will raise your profits.
    Train, Train and then train some more for managers and above. Management is good technicaly but poor with leadership skills

There are newer employer reviews for Charter Communications