Charter Fitness

www.charterfitness.com
  www.charterfitness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Charter Fitness

No where to go

I have been working at Charter Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Meet tons of people, Networking
-Obtain much knowledge on fitness, health
-friendly atmosphere, socialization

Cons

- unorganized company
-no room for growth
- no help from superiors
- upper management/office not having a clue
-no health insurance/401k
-no recognition to employees, not even a thank you for anything
- contradicting

Say thanks to your hard working staff every now and then.
Let them know you care.
Make an appearance in your own businesses from time to time to see what is going on.
Make more positions for people to have a chance to shine, or move around or up in the company.
Provide adequate training to your staff.
You lose employees left and right, good quality employees everyday and you do not even care.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Charter Fitness (View Most Recent)

Good place to start but do not believe the hype .

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Charter Fitness full-time

Pros

With dedication to the job you will learn valuable skills ,networking, customer retention as well as problem solving skills that will be useful in another job.Members and staff make most of the time enjoyable .

Cons

Little support ,broken promises, low pay no room for advancement past GM .

You know your mistakes reflect and learn and give people the tools they need so they can be successful .

Want to go nowhere? Come to Charter!

Current Employee - Full Time Manager
    Current Employee - Full Time Manager

I have been working at Charter Fitness

Pros

I have a good time talking to members and some of the other staff members. I have become more interested in working out since I started there.

Cons

The training for the position was nonexistent. They have absolutely no training policies in place. No room for growth since they do not do any promoting and on the contrary they demoted a bunch of people. Senor level management was put into clubs, however, from what I hear (word travels fast) they never were in the clubs and never supported the managers working for them. I have asked for additional training in order to develop my career, but was just brushed off. I one time asked for a raise (not a large one) and was told that they would give me a 90 day review. Well as you can imagine that review never happened and my senior level manager ignored my emails and never contacted me about it again.

I really want this to work out, but I find myself applying for jobs more on the clock than actually doing my job. I continue to look for jobs in hope to find something that I can make a career out of. The communication and management is a complete joke. For example. every time I get a memo sent out by the office (whole other story) I receive 2-3 revisions. Also after the Cardinal Fitness's converted to Charter Fitness they sent out all the new contracts with Cardinal Fitness on them instead of Charter. These are errors that happen on a daily basis here and it will haunt them. I felt bad one time for a part time manager because he had to close one night and was not trained at all. Well the next day he got yelled at for doing things wrong. He said to me that it wasn't fair because he was never trained on the work in the first place.

Also the politics are unbelievable there. Everyone knows someone or went to school with someone. They are the "protected" group who just gets away with slacking on their job. Well even though I am not protected I joined them with not caring about my job and slacking. To be honest with you it appears that most of the company has joined that movement.

Pay is below average and there is zero benefits to top it off.

Do your job! So simple. You are senior management and you do nothing to help out those working for you. I know people might think I am exaggerating, but ask anyone the senior managers do nothing to develop the people working for them.

There are newer employer reviews for Charter Fitness