Chartis Insurance Company
www.chartisinsurance.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Very fulfilling if you are willing to learn.

Chicago, IL

ProsStability, ability to gain knowledge, and generally nice people. We are given every opportunity to advance our education. Co-workers are very willing to help to ensure you are knowledgeable and can do the job properly.

ConsNo advancement opportunities. It seems managers can never get approval to add headcount. When there is an opening, it seems the hiring manager already has someone in mind, and you get the feeling they are just going through the paces when interviewing candidates.
It seems like only managers and above are getting promotions, while lower tier employees are snubbed. Instead of taking a chance with an internal candidate, they will often hire from outside.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing politics and promote internally. Think of the big picture not just yourself.

Very favorable

Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Chartis Insurance Company

Pros: growth opportunities and reasonable hours Cons: AIG reputational stink doesn't seem to wear off. Advice to Senior Management: Promote from within. There are many talented people within our ranks… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Chartis doesn't care

(Current Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Chartis Insurance Company

Pros: I get paid well and it's great to have a… Cons: ... but Chartis doesn't care about adjusters. They overwork them, understaff in their model, have unrealistic quality expectations… Advice to Senior Management: Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, crap,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Chartis Insurance Company.

Worked for Chartis Insurance Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chartis Insurance Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chartis Insurance Company CEO Peter D. Hancock. All reviews posted anonymously by Chartis Insurance Company employees.