Chartwells

Fun, Challenging, Frustrating

Current Employee - Prep Cook in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Prep Cook in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Chartwells

Pros

Pay is decent, hours are great, love the kids

Cons

Management is suspect, Slippery kitchen floors

Allow employees much more leeway in the entire process

93 Other Employee Reviews for Chartwells (View Most Recent)

Stocking and cleaning

Current Employee - Attendant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Attendant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chartwells

Pros

very friendly co-employess, people are really organized in executing each and every work. The way management is run, makes me really proud !

Cons

very hard work to be done at times and I feel more people could be hired in order to make the work to be done. The top level officials really need to keep an eye on employees.

Flexible hours with a lot of demands

Current Employee - Cashier, Cook in Spring Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier, Cook in Spring Arbor, MI

I have been working at Chartwells

Pros

The people are committed and the quality of food is superb. They are good about feeding their employees and appreciating them. In most facilities they have fun, activities to break up they year. They are always coming up with a new way to put customers first and to not just feed them but inspire and even entertain them once in awhile.

Cons

Upper management is extremely picky about food preparation to the point that waste amounts are obscene. They also enforce very strick rules to employees that can difficult to obtain. Getting time off is usually extremely hard. The dress code is enforced only to select individuals and let go in others. A lot of these short comings are more from middle management.

Chill. Get a life, and move on. Spending this much of life on making ridiculous demands really shocks me. Also, the food that is thrown away must be more than you know. If we were to donate this food that, at times, nobody has touched we could feed a significant amount of people who could really use it. This would also reflect much better on Chartwells and let employees like me sleep better at night.

There are newer employer reviews for Chartwells