Chartwells

There are newer employer reviews for Chartwells

Chartwell at College Campus Dining Facility

Former Employee - Food Service in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Food Service in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Chartwells full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at a Charlotte college location. Pay was average. And stable since its a school. The company tries to reward good work by offering Employee of the Month mentions is quarterly publications. Also the company used to have a Winter Holiday Party that was catered and banquet style. If you can tolerate all the nonsense drama that comes along with it, I guess its a good short term job.

Cons

Poor Management. A lot of the unit managers seem to lack people skills. They were not friendly when speaking to customers and generally seemed only concerned with making numbers. Yes sales are important however providing good customer service should be equally important. The second issue I encountered was with interpersonal effectiveness with my direct supervisor. Me and several other coworkers felt like she could use some communication skills and we reported it to HR with no resolution.

Take the time to thoroughly find the best management candidates who have both good people skills and selling skills. Have more group meetings and use feedback from surveys to put into action a working plan to solve internal problems.

87 Other Employee Reviews for Chartwells (View Most Recent)

Serving children and love the people I work with.

Current Employee - Food Service Lead in Manitowoc, WI
    Current Employee - Food Service Lead in Manitowoc, WI

I have been working at Chartwells full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love serving the children a hot meal.

Cons

Feel under paid for the amount of work I do

Pay more

A terrible place to work

Current Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Cleveland, GA

I have been working at Chartwells full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting to know the students and forming bonds with them.

Cons

The pay is not what it should be due to the demands put on the employees. Not being able to collect unemployment during school breaks puts a hardship on the employees. Management doesn't listen to the employees point of view in other words you can't explain your side of things. I am talked down to on a daily basis to the point I hate going to work.

Management needs to let employees respond to and be heard on issues that are creating a hostile work place. As of right now what they say is golden and your just wrong no matter what the situation is. They need to understand we have feelings and being talked down to does not build company loyalty.

There are newer employer reviews for Chartwells