There are newer employer reviews for Chartwells

It was a means to an end.

Former Employee - Cashier in Galloway, NJ
Former Employee - Cashier in Galloway, NJ

I worked at Chartwells part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

College students can benefit. Minimalmoney for minimal needs. Great experience opportunity.

Cons

Time management and responsibility was not given properly and efficiently by management.

Other Employee Reviews for Chartwells

1. Chartwell at College Campus Dining Facility

Former Employee - Food Service in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Food Service in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Chartwells full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked at a Charlotte college location. Pay was average. And stable since its a school. The company tries to reward good work by offering Employee of the Month mentions is quarterly publications. Also the company used to have a Winter Holiday Party that was catered and banquet style. If you can tolerate all the nonsense drama that comes along with it, I guess its a good short term job.

Cons

Poor Management. A lot of the unit managers seem to lack people skills. They were not friendly when speaking to customers and generally seemed only concerned with making numbers. Yes sales are important however providing good customer service should be equally important. The second issue I encountered was with interpersonal effectiveness with my direct supervisor. Me and several other coworkers felt like she could use some communication skills and we reported it to HR with no resolution.

Advice to Management

Take the time to thoroughly find the best management candidates who have both good people skills and selling skills. Have more group meetings and use feedback from surveys to put into action a working plan to solve internal problems.

2. Was a Good job to pay college tuition; Poorly run by management

Former Employee - Cashier in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Chartwells part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid for college tuition and I only had to work 20 Hrs a week

Cons

Cut the program back from that covered full college tuition. They now only cover 2 classes