A Federally Qualified Health Center; true to it's mission

I have been working at Chase Brexton Health Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility in scheduling, honest answers to all questions, a sense of fulfillment in what we do

Cons

It's easy to take on too much work when you are passionate about the mission

Slow down and make one change at a time.

Other Reviews for Chase Brexton Health Services

Leave feeling satisfied every day

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

I am offended by some of the reviews here. CBHC is no more frustrating than any other community health center struggling to keep it's doors open and we happen to have someone running the show who knows how to keep us afloat. I am a relatively long term employee and I've never been happier here.
    The bitter reviews are from people who still wish we were the Chase Brexton of yore and blame the administration that we're not. The cold reality is that national politics and the economy prevent that. Apart from our Operations department, which is managed poorly and run by leaders without the experience or ability to be effective, the rest of the senior leadership team is passionate, well-intentioned and mission-driven.
    Please don't let the few bitter people who are finally being challenged to perform their jobs deter you from working here.

Cons

The most pressing issue that needs immediate attention is the leadership in the Operations department. When the right people sit in those seats, communication and clinic flow will be greatly improved. Additionally, the HR department is embarrassing, taking much to long to contact qualified candidates or provide expertise when needed.

Let's fix what we have before acquiring more. Continue cleaning house until only those that bolster the mission remain. Hold people to higher standards and remove the toxic few from the bunch.

A once-wonderful organization being destroyed by a terrible CEO

I worked at Chase Brexton Health Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fantastic mission
    Great Doctors, NPs, RNs, and social workers
    Gorgeous new building downtown
    Opportunity to provide care for amazing, diverse pool of patients who need and appreciate the care

Cons

I don't even know where to start. The CEO is either incompetent, corrupt, or both. He's clearly narcissistic and punitive and has surrounded himself with high level staff who are either incompetent, naive, or terrified-- a cadre of yes men. It took many dedicated people many years to build an impressive organization, and he is spearheading its destruction in a disturbingly short period of time. I am frankly stunned that no media has latched onto what is going on at CBHC. I strongly suspect something illegal is going on at the top executive level, and the board is completely asleep at the wheel.

Board: pay attention. Get involved. Talk to long term employees, especially those who have left in the past six months. Remember that 1) you are the stewards of the organization's mission and 2) as board members you are financially liable for the organization. Take note of the fiasco at People's.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase Brexton Health Services.

Worked for Chase Brexton Health Services? Contribute to the Community!