Chase
3.1 of 5 2,178 reviews
www.chase.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Good company, must be willing to fend for your self.

Small Business Specialist (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsStrong company. Senior leadership is very good. One of the best things is that Chase puts a lot of time and money into making technology available to the customer. There are also specialists for almost anything you can think of that will either know the answer, or will be able to find it and get back to you. Recently, Chase has begun moving back toward a customer service/relationship model, and if you can build relationships with customers that have larger portfolios it will benefit you.

ConsAs will most all very large companies, you are just another cog in the wheel. If you don't eat, drink, breath and sleep Chase, it can be difficult to be recognized and move up. In a smaller market you must be willing to play company politics to move quickly. There is very much a "what have you done lately" attitude by mid-management. There always seems to be the new "shinny object". There hasn't been much of a focus on long term client relationship building if you aren't working with affluent clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites. Realize that each branch situation is unique, has strengths and challenges and work to those. Don't move people around as much. Let a branch group work together for more that 6 months. Customers have a hard time, especially in areas with older clients, when there is a new manager every 6 months, and new bankers all the time.

You are just another number. Good place to collect a pay check, but thats about it.

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

I worked at Chase full-time for more than a year

Pros: health benefits, great co-workers, possible to make a lot of… Cons: Extremely micro-managed. Management have a "Do as I say, not as I do" mentality. Expected to work the lobby(grab people from the lobby and… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micromanaging your employees and stop expecting bankers to achieve unrealistic numbers.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

You think it will get better....

Senior Teller (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Chase

Pros: The salary is decent (which may be an overstatement). Management can be rather flexible when time off… Cons: Many aim for promotions but very few will get them. It depends on who you know. I know managers that rose through the… Advice to Senior Management: You have a lot more valuable employees than you know.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Chase.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chase reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chase CEO Jamie Dimon. All reviews posted anonymously by Chase employees.