Chase

www.chase.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Great company to work for when living in a big city with ample opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sierra Vista, AZ

I have been working at Chase

Pros

The salary was great. Chase provided many great tools to help smooth out the business continuity and help their associates succeed.

Cons

The senior management from the district level was not understanding and provided constant negative feedback. Instead of congratulating for making sales goals, they would give condescending remarks about how poor of a job you did if you weren't the best in the market. I worked in a branch that had about 100 transactions a day, and I still made my goal. Because I didn't make the same numbers that a branch with 1000 transactions a day, I was a failure. I took advantage of the opportunity that I did have, but

Understand that there is more opportunity within 1000 transactions than there is with 100. Focus more on successes and developing strengths than minimizing them and making the employees feel like they did a bad job even though goals were met.

2639 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Don't expect a raise, you have to earn more commission

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Petaluma, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Petaluma, CA

I have been working at Chase

Pros

Management at my branch is great, really understanding and helpful when you need them. Pretty flexible about getting time off when needed.

Cons

Upper management is kind of ridiculous, when they come in and "visit" everything they say/do is a complaint. The pay is okay for a base salary, but Chase doesn't believe in raises, they believe if you want to make more money, you have to make more money to earn more commission, which is fine, except they take so much out of your commission checks with taxes that in the end all the work you put in is not worth the payout you receive.

Better commission rates/ percentage to encourage and reward employees for doing a good job getting the bank new customers and bringing in new money

Mgrs. should have a requirement of an academic degree, great benefits, supportive, hard to move to different LOB's.

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chase

Pros

Great benefits, insurance, supportive environment (something newly implemented), daily meetings on new policies/ procedures/ products, reputable and strong firm to work for.

Cons

People who don't have degrees but move up because their good in sales, retail bank hours are atrocious compared to other banks, very strict company to work for.

Hire/ promote people who have degrees for the job, make it easier for those to transition to different LOB's, take out action/ development plans or have the option to have multiple plans. Don't limit people to reach different LOB's because they have little experience. Give people a chance if they are competent and perform well in their current position.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase