Chase

www.chase.com

Overall satisfied but some areas for improvement

Former Employee - Loan Underwriter  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Loan Underwriter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Compensation is above average. I got to give a decent amount of strategic input which helped make things interesting.

Cons

You are constantly pushed to grow which is great in theory but can have some negative outcomes like sometimes hindering your ability to be objective.

Listen to new and innovative ideas. The organization is so big that good ideas that can benefit the company are easily buried at the operating site level.

Other reviews for Chase

Overall is good experience to work for chase

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker  in  Temple City, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Temple City, CA

Pros

High potential bonus pay and comfortable work environment

Cons

Low based salary and wear inform

Very sales driven; gives the feel of account number vs. actual client

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Hours, GREAT training program (probably the best I've seen. Great name behind you. Great product selection.

Cons

Pay-very low base with uncapped commission. (Which produces product pushing to every client)
    Questionable client call procedure; if a client is on a no-call list we still call them and try to induce them to mention anything that we can use to open the sales process. That way we didn't actually start the "sales call" we just called for service.

The sign that something is not going well is that the turnover for bankers is approx 33%!! That is a huge deal, people are taking your training and going to other banks to get paid and treated better.

Pay a better base and allow the banker's to earn the client's trust. That is the best way to further your portfolio, client's can sniff out product pushing from a mile away.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!