There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Very sales driven; gives the feel of account number vs. actual client

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Personal Banker in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Chase full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hours, GREAT training program (probably the best I've seen. Great name behind you. Great product selection.

Cons

Pay-very low base with uncapped commission. (Which produces product pushing to every client)
Questionable client call procedure; if a client is on a no-call list we still call them and try to induce them to mention anything that we can use to open the sales process. That way we didn't actually start the "sales call" we just called for service.

The sign that something is not going well is that the turnover for bankers is approx 33%!! That is a huge deal, people are taking your training and going to other banks to get paid and treated better.

Pay a better base and allow the banker's to earn the client's trust. That is the best way to further your portfolio, client's can sniff out product pushing from a mile away.

2335 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Excellent company

Current Employee - Banker  in  Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Banker in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Chase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is awesome, always promoting employee growth.

Cons

Working hours are too long for retail side.

Shorten working hours or give flexibility on retail side.

Management cares nothing for employees. Many talented, knowledgable employees terminated

Current Employee - Loss Mitigation Modification Underwriter  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Loss Mitigation Modification Underwriter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

lunch break if you don't feel too much pressure to work through and do more files to make up for one mistake in order to raise your score. You may get stressed out enough to go on disability - as many at this site have, due to anxiety, stress and lack of sleep.

Cons

unrealistic audit scores of 0% or 100% per file - every file audited, no morale whatsoever. Company has no work life balance at all...you have to schedule 24 hrs in advance for sick time or get "dinged" for calling in sick (referenced as an occurance). I've worked for them a number of years and only had this experience most recently - poor treatment of staff, unrealistic expectations, no human factor at all and silence all day every day. If you talk at all you will be under the radar and Manager will tell your sup to reprimand you. You are to talk only on break and lunch. Weekly changes to expectations. No career ops in San Diego due to focus is Default - ie: Loss Mit, BK and FC. Pay is decent now that they did pay adjustments - but now expectations are beyond reasonable. Cost of benefits offered takes that pay adjustment and leaves you with less take home pay. Raising concerns of atmosphere, training and expectations puts you in the spotlight and next in line for termination. No culture, no values, bullying of staff to perform and be perfect. CEO is very knowledgable - I'm sure has no clue what goes on at the branch level. "Too Big to Fail" . Need for counseling and medication, disability or workman's comp leave due to stress and anxiety.

Hire or build robots to do the perfect job you expect and who can be programmed to never speak or ask questions. Train employees properly, have support staff or supervisors who can answer questions, and give a little flexibility, human errors are human errors.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!