Chase
3.2 of 5 1,512 reviews
www.chase.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great benefits, low moral

Personal Banker (Former Employee)
Niles, IL

I worked at Chase full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat base pay and incentive pay, knowledgable staff partners, Great training program, easy to use computer systems, top of the line technology, and unlimited sales incentive pay. Very good benefits including domestic partnership benefits and adoption assistance. Chase really supports diversity at the branch level.

ConsStressful sales environment. You must be a top performer in the district to even be considered for location transfer or advancement. This is the reason I left the company - my district manager would not allow me to transfer to a branch closer to my home when I asked because I had not completed a full year at the branch I was assigned. Although I realize it was my fault for accepting the branch, I simply did not realize the 10 mile commute would equate to an hour each way. When I gave my notice, then she offered to help me but I had already accepted a new position. It put a bad taste in my mouth that they didn't care about me until I said I was leaving. Treat people right from the beginning is how you gain loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the branch employee's work life balance and don't force employees to threaten to quit before listening to their concerns. I loved working there but had to quit when the district manager (our branch manager quit and we didn't get a replacement for 3 months besides trainees) treated me so poorly.

Pretty good company to work for, if you like working hard.

Senior Loan Processor (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Chase full-time for more than a year

Pros: You are able to work at your own pace for the most part. Lunches whenever… Cons: Some managers micromanage your time for you so it just depends who you get. Sometimes expectations aren't realistic. They… Advice to Senior Management: Real money is a better motivator than Chase Bucks. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Bank One was a better company

Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee)
Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Chase full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The people I worked with were great until I got stuck with a idiot for a supervisor. Pay was fair, not great. Good benefits. They… Cons: Bank One showed more appreciation for it's employees. Chase made… Advice to Senior Management: Have a little more appreciation for the little people Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Chase.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chase reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chase CEO Jamie Dimon. All reviews posted anonymously by Chase employees.