Chase

www.chase.com
  www.chase.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Great company to be a part of

Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Teller in Houston, TX

I have been working at Chase part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, great team to work with, career opportunities and support

Cons

Salary as teller doesn't go up.

Increase how much the tellers earn because they do see 80% of customers and are a big impact of the business. So if the tellers would earn more money they would not leave this great company and would give there 100%

2495 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Worst Management Team EVER

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker

I worked at Chase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros. This was the worst job I ever had.

Cons

Worst managment staff ever
    worst health benefits
    worst HR department

Management works less hours than full time staff

Management is given priority for every scheduling need, then seniority. So you could go 3-4 years and never get Christmas off. And if you have a manager like I had, she wouldn't have the guts to correct the situation. She'd just make you work every holiday for the whole year.

Work every single Saturday with 2 other bankers, doing nothing all day, hardly making any money or meeting with any clients. There was a time that I worked 12 Saturdays in a row before I could get a single on off, but my manager only worked two per month.

Hire new managers. Stop just moving them from location to location because they are awful. Instead of fixing the problems with current managers they just play this shuffle game, constantly relocating the problem. Managers are not properly trained, coached or held accountable for their own actions. Buying lunch for the branch isn't a way to teach people or motivate a team. You actually have to spend time with them and show an interest and not be worried about only yourself. This company is filled with the worst managers I have ever seen in my career.

Great place to work as a college student.

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Irvine, CA

I worked at Chase part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, hourly based pay, and incentives are great for those seeking to work for what they put in.

Cons

Like many of the Fortune 500 companies, this company requires a lot of your time of learning, constantly training with new updates, and bank protocols. In addition, the company itself trains all mangers to be VERY upfront and finding a solution to a problem with minimal cost to the company / branch losses. That being said, I personally experienced many upset customers, businesses, and especially loosing a longtime relationships.

Finding a optimal solution to achieve weekly, monthly, and even yearly account goals, savings goals, investment goals, and etc. I think there are better ways to tackle these issues, rather than mangers putting all the pressures to the bankers, tellers, and financial advisers.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase