Best job ever i have been in the work force >30 years.,

Current Employee - Retail Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Retail Mortgage Underwriter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Chase full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

not enough space provided. There is a 20 word minimum.

Cons

All employees are- screened for background check.-

Advice to Management

Good job, keep the stock price up.

Other Employee Reviews for Chase

Worst Management Team EVER

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker

I worked at Chase full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any pros. This was the worst job I ever had.

Cons

Worst managment staff ever worst health benefits worst HR department Management works less hours than full time staff Management is given priority for every scheduling need, then seniority. So you could go 3-4 years and never get Christmas off. And if you have a manager like I had, she wouldn't have the guts to correct the situation. She'd just make you work every holiday for the whole year. Work every single Saturday with 2 other bankers, doing nothing all day, hardly making any money or meeting with any clients. There was a time that I worked 12 Saturdays in a row before I could get a single on off, but my manager only worked two per month.

Advice to Management

Hire new managers. Stop just moving them from location to location because they are awful. Instead of fixing the problems with current managers they just play this shuffle game, constantly relocating the problem. Managers are not properly trained, coached or held accountable for their own actions. Buying lunch for the branch isn't a way to teach people or motivate a team. You actually have to spend time with them and show an interest and not be worried about only yourself. This company is filled with the worst managers I have ever seen in my career.

Confusing

Pros

Great place to work if you're looking into leaving traditional big box retail. Pay is great considering what you do. Baking hours!!!!!!!! Nice vacation benefits

Cons

Very old company poor diversity record. Poor communication from District managers. Extremely poor promotion opportunities. The BMT (Branch manager trainee program is a joke)

Advice to Management

Work out kinks with BMT program