Chase

www.chase.com
  www.chase.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Excellent work enviroment and benefits.

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Austin, TX

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent work enviroment and training. Everything you need to know to be sucessful is given to you. However, you have to do your best , apply the knowledge and seek for opportunities to succeed.

Cons

Everything is base on your market, so you have to adjust.

2488 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Banking isn't for everyone

Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Underwriting Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Their health benefits are very good. They have a seperate account that you can use if you get cholesterol screenings, exercise, and eat right. You can use that money to pay for prescriptions and doctor visits.

There is also college tuition funding, maternity leave, etc. like most companies should have.

Cons

There is not enough time to properly address the many issues that I have encountered here at Chase but these are the most obvious. First off, management that lacks empathy and is always in reactive mode, not proactive mode. There seems to be no sense of accountabiity for their decision making process.

Second, all communication is done by email, not face to face. This would only make sense if the people you were dealing with were in another building or state, not in the same building or floor! I have been there over a year and still have never met 90% of the people who email me on a daily basis. Do to my position, I cannot leave my desk except on breaks.

Third, training is highly lacking. While there are classes for underwriters, processors, etc., there is no training on how everyday things are done. Maybe because it changes daily since management will not stick with one process.

Fourth, HR has been outsourced to ANOTHER COUNTRY! Yes, when you have an issue about payroll or have a co-worker dispute, you have to either go online and research the topic or call the HR line; there is no office to walk to. When calling, be prepared to talk to someone who does not understand the English language at all and will say that's an IT issue and throw you back to the Help desk.

As I have said before, there isn't enough time to discuss all the troubles I have seen in this company. I guess you can't fix stupid.

When your employee asks you help with an issue, do not answer them with, "I'm not worried about that. I have bigger fish to fry." If you don't fix the little problems, they will just snowball into more complex problems. Either fix what's broken or hire someone beneath you who can.

Also, do not pit groups against one another for personal gain. Things do trickle down to the masses and it just shows how unprofessional management is.

Seriously the best place to work

Current Employee - Bank Teller in East Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in East Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Chase part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working for chase. The management is fantastic, the opportunity for growth within the company is unlike any other place I have ever worked, and the morals of the company are awesome. I am very proud to say I work for chase. The benefits are great, too. I have no complaints and I have worked for a little over a year here. Hopefully there will be another 40 years with this company ahead of me!

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Keep doing what you're doing; I really enjoy my job.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase