Chase
3.1 of 5 2,178 reviews
www.chase.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Personal Banker with more than a year of experience

Personal Banker (Current Employee)
Tooele, UT

ProsStrong company, great culture. The company exercises tremendous integrity. They work hard to give back to the community when they can. Senior management takes ownership for their mistakes. They really have everyone's best interest in mind (economy, government, charity, customers, employees, and the company itself).

Great sales culture. Personal bankers are often pushed to sell, sell, sell with no regard for how that pressure on employees affects the customer experience. I think this company strikes a nice balance between production and the customer experience.

For a large corporate company, there's a lot of resources and support for personal bankers. It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot about how a large company can be effective. One of my favorite features is the "send us feedback" button on the intranet network. Whenever an employee submits an idea for improvement or a customer complaint, a physical person responds usually within that day. It's apparent that some of Chase's best ideas come from the bottom up.

ConsThe pay structure (base pay plus incentive) is pretty good if you're in a busy branch, but if you're not, you'll be paid below industry average. They take the attitude that your production depends on you, not on the size of your branch or the economy of your community. I get that they're trying to get us to be productive, but there's only so much you can do when people in the community just don't have money. That being said, they take care of you in terms of benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Great company

Senior Teller (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I have been working at Chase full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great opportunity to move up within retail locations. Great insurance plans, 401k, etc. Pay… Cons: constant turnover, lack of management knowledge, unrealistic customer service standards and goals. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible Work Experience

Licensed Personal Banker (Former Employee)
    Miami, FL

I worked at Chase full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits package and compensation. Cons: The fact that they make you chase customers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Chase.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chase reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Chase CEO Jamie Dimon. All reviews posted anonymously by Chase employees.