There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Personal Banker with more than a year of experience

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong company, great culture. The company exercises tremendous integrity. They work hard to give back to the community when they can. Senior management takes ownership for their mistakes. They really have everyone's best interest in mind (economy, government, charity, customers, employees, and the company itself).

Great sales culture. Personal bankers are often pushed to sell, sell, sell with no regard for how that pressure on employees affects the customer experience. I think this company strikes a nice balance between production and the customer experience.

For a large corporate company, there's a lot of resources and support for personal bankers. It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot about how a large company can be effective. One of my favorite features is the "send us feedback" button on the intranet network. Whenever an employee submits an idea for improvement or a customer complaint, a physical person responds usually within that day. It's apparent that some of Chase's best ideas come from the bottom up.

Cons

The pay structure (base pay plus incentive) is pretty good if you're in a busy branch, but if you're not, you'll be paid below industry average. They take the attitude that your production depends on you, not on the size of your branch or the economy of your community. I get that they're trying to get us to be productive, but there's only so much you can do when people in the community just don't have money. That being said, they take care of you in terms of benefits.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

reviews filtered by
  1. Great benefits, less than appealing management styles

Current Employee - Bank Teller in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, room for advancement, bonuses are nice. With the right amount of dedication you can get far in the company.

Cons

Management style at my particular location sub par. Service position also driven towards sales goals. Every man for themselves attitude.

Advice to Management

Care more for employees, or atleast pretend to.

2. ok

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits it wasnt so bad

Cons

constant rotations new faces always promoting

There are newer employer reviews for Chase