Chase

www.chase.com
  www.chase.com
There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Some stress, more stress, but a really good company overall

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I believe the pay is the best in the banking industry for top performers. I have worked for Bank of America and Wells Fargo and the Chase has offered the best incentives by a long shot.

Cons

With more money comes more stress. The expectations are set pretty high for managers.

Changing too quickly, especially is retail consumer banking.

2487 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

It was a very nice atmosphere but it was very demanding

I have been working at Chase

Pros

Great Pay and Great People

Cons

Very demanding and allot of fakeness involved with the job

n/a

Personal Banker with more than a year of experience

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Tooele, UT

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong company, great culture. The company exercises tremendous integrity. They work hard to give back to the community when they can. Senior management takes ownership for their mistakes. They really have everyone's best interest in mind (economy, government, charity, customers, employees, and the company itself).

Great sales culture. Personal bankers are often pushed to sell, sell, sell with no regard for how that pressure on employees affects the customer experience. I think this company strikes a nice balance between production and the customer experience.

For a large corporate company, there's a lot of resources and support for personal bankers. It's not perfect, but I've learned a lot about how a large company can be effective. One of my favorite features is the "send us feedback" button on the intranet network. Whenever an employee submits an idea for improvement or a customer complaint, a physical person responds usually within that day. It's apparent that some of Chase's best ideas come from the bottom up.

Cons

The pay structure (base pay plus incentive) is pretty good if you're in a busy branch, but if you're not, you'll be paid below industry average. They take the attitude that your production depends on you, not on the size of your branch or the economy of your community. I get that they're trying to get us to be productive, but there's only so much you can do when people in the community just don't have money. That being said, they take care of you in terms of benefits.

Keep up the great work!