Chase

good place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than a year)

Pros

good pay for the area.

Cons

management micro manages a little to much.

2568 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Being a personal banker is very stressful but you also get paid well for it.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay including commission and benefits is pretty good. They are also very willing to promote from within; this is usually based on your sales performance. Managers are generally willing to work with you to find a career path for you. Also, they do a great job of training employees and providing resources to keep employees knowledgable.

Cons

The corporate culture is incredibly cutthroat. Management provides incentive for employees to steal accounts from each other. While they claim that teamwork is important, they also train you to be the first one to take a customer as they walk in, even if a co-worker is already going to talk to them. Additionally, upper management preaches that their system works but change everything in a panic if sales are not as high as they want them. They also have a hard time hearing someone say no or that something isn't working. As such, they don't show much respect to their employees, especially when things are bad. There were also issues with cultural sensitivity. And finally, management was way too pushy about getting a sale. There were several times where it was obvious from what a customer was saying that they would not open an account; forcing us to try a hard sell just builds up bad will and makes sure that customer will avoid coming in later on.

1. I don't think it's intentional, but you come across as very two-faced sometimes. If only numbers matter to you, then say so. Don't talk about teamwork and then tell us to stab each other in the back.

2. If the Chase system always works, then don't try to completely change everything when we have a bad month. If it's that good, then it will work in the long run. Otherwise, stop preaching the system.

3. Please stop taking out all your stress on your employees. You're never going to have employees who are loyal to you if you throw them under the bus. I was willing to take a pay-cut to move to a company with a better culture and management team. I tell all my friends that Chase pays well and is a great stepping stone, but I'd never pursue a long career there.

Cushy Job, that is good if you have a good management team

Current Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Relationship Banker in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy hours, there is a lot of room for upward growth and the team determines whether you will enjoy your time there

Cons

If you have poor management then it's really hard to enjoy your time there. There was a time I would arrive at work and literally cry daily. I worked at 7 branches in under a year. It sucked. The last branch I worked in was awesome though because of great management and coworkers. There was no drama or cut throat type environment. The health insurance options suck.

Better health insurance options. More care for customer service, less focus on money (Ironic I know it's a bank)

There are newer employer reviews for Chase