Chase

There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Private Client Banker

Current Employee - Private Client Banker in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Private Client Banker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Brand to work behind. Work culture and opportunity is fantastic. Depending on your branch, your sales and referrals come from the cohesive workings of your team. Pay structure is great when compared to other banks. I never worked at other banks, but most people have fled their companies to Chase and say the commission structure here is better.

Cons

There is no guidance for you in terms of career advancement. Tend to get the feeling that Management wants you where you are, for the rest of your life. I have scoured the career opportunities and applied for upper level jobs, but it seems like if your retail, your retail.

Don't micro manage the employees or branches that are producing.

2437 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Keep Your Focus and Chase is a Great Fit

Current Employee - Online Technical Support in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Online Technical Support in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Chase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is so much opportunity to move up in this company. As of October, I have only been with Chase for 6 months and I have already been promoted to an escalations position.

They give you a lot of training and support before cutting you loose on the phones. It is a lot of information, but you HAVE to give yourself time to learn it. Don't give up so easily and sell yourself short.

So many perks! Free Premier Plus acct with free checks! You get fed all the time! Merchant discounts

They are always trying to change things like the scorecard to make things better and fairer to the employees. People want to complain about it being difficult to get a decent score, but all you have to do is be knowledgeable, on time to work, and friendly to customers.

Cons

The managers tend to walk around and socialize with each other. They are never at their desk when you need them to be. This can be frustrating if you have a question or have a customer requesting to speak to a manager.

The pay could be a little bit better. Yes, we are judged on a lot and I think it would be great if we could get compensated a bit more fairly.

They don't really empower you to make certain decisions to improve the customer experience. There is a lot of set procedures you have to follow without any wiggle room.

I love working for Chase. You do a lot to improve the customer and the employee experience. Please allow your telephone bankers to make more executive decisions. This would not only improve the customer experience but your employee experience as well.

Great people

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Chase full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people here are all top quality. Culture us really good. Everyone is very helpful.

Cons

Benefits are not the best. Health insurance is pricey and 401k match sucks.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase