I would rather jump in front of the 6 train then ever go back

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY

I worked at Chase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It was a job and a paycheck.

Cons

My managers were completely incompetent.
Absolutely no room for advancement. Their idea of advancement was to tell you they would move you and have you take on more responsibilities. Send you to go on a ridiculous amount of interviews, just to say you’re not ready. So unless you blow your managers good luck moving around.

They change the incentive plan every year lowing the value of products you sell and make it harder to reach the goals.
If you want to make money you better lose your ethics real quick. Be prepared to offer products to people who don't need them or want them. An example would be giving anyone with enough money in their personal account a business account even if they don't have a business.

I was invited to two focus groups to help make employees happier and see what works and what doesn't. I was told speak your mind because they want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Was also told your management won’t hear about anything that is said or who said it. Prior to me going to the meeting my branch manager told me "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". At this point in my time there, I didn't care anymore. I said what I thought and brought up all the things that were going on in my branch that bothered me. My manager knew what I said before I even got back to the branch. I put a target on my back.

I called HR to report my manager because of a comment she made to me that was really inappropriate and degrading. During this call I was asked all my information: standard id and name when I asked why the HR person said so they can contact the DM and let them know what was going on. As well as set up a meeting with me the DM and BM. I said no thank you and hung up. A few days later my manager brought up in the morning huddle that the DM was upset with her because someone on her team had called HR. Making that target on my back even bigger. She was definitely told without a doubt in my mind by the DM. Going forward from there I was treated completely different.

I was treated like garbage, was told that if I didn't make sales I wouldn't have a job. “We can get anyone off the street to do your job” – My Branch manager. Thanks for the confidence 
Let’s not forget the managers will always try and make you sign documents that they write up. Oh and if you don’t sign be ready for some repercussions. The purpose of this is so they can fire you for breaking some rule they make up and not allow you to file for unemployment.
If you going to work here good luck, my only recommendation would be never sign anything that management forces you to sign.

Hire managers who aren't complete idiots. Just because they will jump when you say jump doesn't make them good managers.

Also forcing your employees to sign documents that they don't want to with fear of their jobs isn't right.

This was the worse job I have ever had, I have had a lot of jobs some I liked more than others. But honestly never a job that I was completely miserable going to every morning.

Other Reviews for Chase

One branch stuck in their old ways

Former Employee - Teller  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Teller in New York, NY

I worked at Chase full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay was good, and the young employees that were there were pretty cool as well. It was a rather friendly environment for the most part. But most of all Chase's benefit package was pretty satisfying.

Cons

The branch I worked at was utterly ridiculous. The work-life balance was non-existent because of the fact that the ABM who did all the schedules always forgot to do them and only gave certain people early shifts; I always ended up closing the branch and I do mean always. The Branch Manager was even worse. She constantly looked for ways to not have to do work; case in point, she talks with a Chinese accent but when a Chinese client came in she instantly said she wasn't Chinese with a smile on her face. Who hires these people? Because there's no area manager for that branch, people been running wild.

Know exactly who you're hiring because the ABM and BM of the branch off Broadway in Chinatown definitely do not know what they're doing.

Not What It's Cracked Up to Be

Former Employee - Personal Banker I  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in New York, NY

I worked at Chase full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer excellent benefits to their employees.

Cons

They say they are all for the customer but the bottom line is "money"!!! They say they are all for their employees but the bottom line is "money"!!!

When you say you want your employees to love their jobs and be happy, mean it and do what you can to have a pleasant working environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!