There are newer employer reviews for Chase

I would rather jump in front of the 6 train then ever go back

Former Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY
Former Employee - Personal Banker in New York, NY

I worked at Chase full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It was a job and a paycheck.

Cons

My managers were completely incompetent.
Absolutely no room for advancement. Their idea of advancement was to tell you they would move you and have you take on more responsibilities. Send you to go on a ridiculous amount of interviews, just to say you’re not ready. So unless you blow your managers good luck moving around.

They change the incentive plan every year lowing the value of products you sell and make it harder to reach the goals.
If you want to make money you better lose your ethics real quick. Be prepared to offer products to people who don't need them or want them. An example would be giving anyone with enough money in their personal account a business account even if they don't have a business.

I was invited to two focus groups to help make employees happier and see what works and what doesn't. I was told speak your mind because they want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly. Was also told your management won’t hear about anything that is said or who said it. Prior to me going to the meeting my branch manager told me "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all". At this point in my time there, I didn't care anymore. I said what I thought and brought up all the things that were going on in my branch that bothered me. My manager knew what I said before I even got back to the branch. I put a target on my back.

I called HR to report my manager because of a comment she made to me that was really inappropriate and degrading. During this call I was asked all my information: standard id and name when I asked why the HR person said so they can contact the DM and let them know what was going on. As well as set up a meeting with me the DM and BM. I said no thank you and hung up. A few days later my manager brought up in the morning huddle that the DM was upset with her because someone on her team had called HR. Making that target on my back even bigger. She was definitely told without a doubt in my mind by the DM. Going forward from there I was treated completely different.

I was treated like garbage, was told that if I didn't make sales I wouldn't have a job. “We can get anyone off the street to do your job” – My Branch manager. Thanks for the confidence 
Let’s not forget the managers will always try and make you sign documents that they write up. Oh and if you don’t sign be ready for some repercussions. The purpose of this is so they can fire you for breaking some rule they make up and not allow you to file for unemployment.
If you going to work here good luck, my only recommendation would be never sign anything that management forces you to sign.

Hire managers who aren't complete idiots. Just because they will jump when you say jump doesn't make them good managers.

Also forcing your employees to sign documents that they don't want to with fear of their jobs isn't right.

This was the worse job I have ever had, I have had a lot of jobs some I liked more than others. But honestly never a job that I was completely miserable going to every morning.

2387 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Great experience. Looking forward to future.

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Chase part-time

Pros

I have only just started as a teller but I love working for my branch. I believe this is a great job to gain experience in many aspects such as relationship building, problem solving, money handling, as well as communication. There is also many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

None I can think of so far.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Teller

Current Employee - Teller in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chase part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits
    Schedule
    Incentives
    Anniversary uniform allowance
    Room for growth

Cons

No cons to report at the moment.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase