Chase

www.chase.com

been with company 2 years

Pros

pay vacation and benifits are great

Cons

the way they sell themselves and treat you and expect of you but you dont have proper coaching

dfdfd

Other reviews for Chase

worst job ever

Former Employee - Bank Teller  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Plano, TX

Pros

They pay, the ability to move up with the company, easy job where you sit most of the time

Cons

dealing with rude customers who expected you to know their names, dealing with a lazy branch manager

the assistant branch manager should've been the branch manager since we had more help with him than anything

Banking yes. But mortgages... Not so much!

Former Employee - Mortgage Banker  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Banker in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

I went to work for Chase, because many lenders were going under, and I knew Chase wouldn't be closing their doors anytime soon. The poeple I worked with were great! I made a lot of great relationships that will last forever!

Cons

Chase as a bank seems to believe that successful management from one division can be transplanted to another division. Their mortgage division is a mess! When I started, I had more experience in mortgages than my manager, her manager, her manager's manager, put together. So did anyone who had ever originated a single loan. They were intellegent, and a pleasure to work for, but were totally out of their element! None of them had an idea what it takes to process and close loans, and they were the ones given direction. Turn time were horrendous. At times weren't allowed to accept files that needed to close in under 45 days (industry average was 15-30 days for closings!). Probably a good thing! They couldn't close them in 60 to 90 days! I had simple transactions that took over 120 days to close. I lost most of the Realtors I had done business with for years! The underwriting, processing, and closing staff were good poeple, just terrible organizational and communications problems overall! Everyone internally was overworked because the system was broken! It took 3 times the work to get things done! Finally, the compensation was pretty poor! You know it

Stick to what you do best... loan servicing! Buy closed loans from other originating sources, and leave originating up to the mortgage banks! If you have to originate, simplify your process! If you are transferring management in to an area they don't have experience with, dont!!! By the way, why is everybody an AVP, or VP??? Being an AVP or VP at Chase is pretty meaningless! The title is handed out more often than most companies give employee of the month awards!

There are newer employer reviews for Chase.

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!