There are newer employer reviews for Chase

SSA job sucks

Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales and Service Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chase

Pros

Learn a lot about financial products. Stay busy all day. Better pay than teller positions. Experience opening accounts. Better than unemployment.

Cons

Reviews are subjective. SSA's do not have a objectionable system for performance reviews or for promotion. Lowered incentive pay 4 times in two years without increase in base salary. Basically you're a receptionist.

Employees should earn more, not less, as they grow with the company. Focus more on customer service. Improve the quality of telephone banking representatives.

2332 Other Employee Reviews for Chase (View Most Recent)

Lame Company with Lamer Management

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Livonia, MI

I worked at Chase

Pros

Good for learning about the banking biz

Cons

Morning huddles are stupid, they constantly remind you of the goal and are obnoxious. Few people speed it up to get people in and out they just want to sell them credit cards and extra products.

get with it and provide good customer service

In-store vs. traditional branch really depends on your goals....

Current Employee - Personal Banker  in  Saginaw, MI
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Saginaw, MI

I have been working at Chase

Pros

JPMorgan Chase has fabulous benefits that are offered from 30 days after you begin employment which is nice. They subsidize quite a bit of the benefit cost. The interview process was relatively easy and there is a lot of ability to advance within the company.

Cons

The prescription plan isn't great. Some of the branch managers are way under-qualified for their jobs, while upper management is much more suited. Part of the downside of working for such a large company is communicating with all entities such as human resources, troubleshooting, banker support, etc.....

I think that in order to make in-store branches more effective it would be good to hire tellers (at least 2) to complete most of the transactions...thus cutting your labor costs greatly for the in-store branches and changing the dynamic of profits and losses. I think that one or two licensed personal bankers are more than sufficient for in-store branches and that all new accounts or pb needs should be referred to them by the tellers. I understand that numbers must be adjusted for larger and smaller in-store branches but I feel as though this would be much more effective and job satisfaction would be greater for employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Chase

Worked for Chase? Contribute to the Community!