Cheapcaribbean.com

www.cheapcaribbean.com
  www.cheapcaribbean.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cheapcaribbean.com

If you're not part of the family, you're treated like dirt

I worked at Cheapcaribbean.com full-time

Pros

compensation, travel benefits, and staff

Cons

upper management family is tight knit

80 Other Employee Reviews for Cheapcaribbean.com (View Most Recent)

HARD WORK DOES PAY OFF!

Current Employee - Beach Expert in Doylestown, PA
    Current Employee - Beach Expert in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Cheapcaribbean.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

. I have seen three management changes. All change can bring anxiety and confusion, that is with any situation. I can honestly say it is the people at our office that make our company strong. Hard workers,kind and fair minded. And yes I did say hard workers, if you work hard you get recognized and rewarded.I thought that was the idea with any paying job?? If you are lazy, want to complain, and gossip- well then I guess this is not the place for you. Our office has a wonderful environment. I do feel as if we operate as a team!

Cons

Our technology needs some overhauling which our current management is well aware of and is addressing. Our Marketing has been weak for third quarter. I am anxious to see what the new branding team will devise as well as the new additions to the Marketing team.

Steve is getting a bum rap in a lot of these reviews. I find his manner to be direct- personally I prefer his style. I am not here to drink the kool- aid so to speak. He is concise in his plan and is willing to listen. He is leading, and I think that is what the issue is in other locations. Leadership is challenging at any time, but especially with the amount of change we have had in the last year. He is forthcoming with information and is sharing our status along the way. Previously we had no idea of our numbers or expectations as far as sales. He is doing his job. My hope is he that he stands strong with the executive team in allowing us to maintain our Cheap Caribbean personality while integrating into the ALG family. .

Things are looking up

I have been working at Cheapcaribbean.com

Pros

Ecommerce is fun and ecommerce selling beach vacations is even more fun. We get great staff special travel packages to wonderful resorts. Whiners should get over themselves and take advantage of this perk. If you hate ties, you don't need one here. They provide sodas and light snacks. Good things are happening and I fully expect more good things coming.

Cons

When I arrived there was definitely a halo of scorn in the place. The Terrible workspaces demonstrated lack of respect for the employees. The place was run by investors who should not have been trying to operate a business. But, that was then, this is now. Many of the bullies have left voluntarily or involuntary. Those changes were good.

Yes, there have been several more leadership changes in a year than you'd expect but it was necessary to root out the negative. The new leadership seems truly devoted to making improvement for the business and the employees. Not every decision is good, but the intent seems genuine. There are some old regime folks who try to pull the wool over his eyes. (Read reference to wolf in sheep's clothing comments in other reviews). He isn't the wolf. The senior leaders who were loyal to the old management are actually masquerading as sheep. Steve showed much character by wearing the wolf in sheep's clothing costume at our Halloween party. If you can't laugh at yourself, you have no sense of humor. The hateful and spiteful comments are most likely from people who wanted to keep the old power structure they built. Excuse me, your bitterness is showing. The only cons at this point are the whiners and remnants of the old order who need to poison the well.

I wish Steve would consult the tried and true loyal employees more than outsiders but understand than he may not feel we are trustworthy.

There are newer employer reviews for Cheapcaribbean.com