There are newer employer reviews for Check Point Software Technologies

Overall, an okay place to work.

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Redwood City, CA
Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Check Point Software Technologies

Pros

This company is in a good sector. You will be positioned well once you leave Check Point. The CEO is forward thinking and you will learn a lot.

Cons

Very political. There can be issues between overseas management and management that resides in the United States. Efforts to look good to remote managment seems to negatively impact behaviors between the different departments.

Check in more frequently with United States employees to see if systems that are put in place are working. Have anonymous feedback systems in place so that people can tell you how things are REALLY going.

166 Other Employee Reviews for Check Point Software Technologies (View Most Recent)

the closer you are to Gil, the worse your experience gets

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Check Point Software Technologies

Pros

Like the government: steady, safe, reliable employment.
    Free Lunch
    Weekends are truly off--and Fridays are quiet due to Israel being out. you do always pay for it by feeling behind on Monday. I think the Israelis think we don't actually work 5 whole days.
    you can get paid fairly--but you must negotiate heavily for it. I had to walk away from the job offer 3 times before getting what I wanted.
    I had an incredible manager there, but that person is now gone. If you are shielded from all the difficulties with Israel it can be a safe steady mostly 9-5 job.

Cons

This is not a marketing driven company by any stretch. Every quarter you will spend half your time justifying your entire existence to Gil personally, who won't bother to actually hear your entire power point presentation through before cutting you off at the middle of slide 1 to harangue you about his theories of marketing. Since you can't spend more than $25k on ANY ONE PO, you are essentially justifying every spend you make to every single banner ad purchase. It's also tremendously convoluted, the purchasing organization is set up like the Soviet government, with instructions to obfuscate and reject purchase orders because they don't like the way the justification is worded. I have an MBA from a top program and more than a decade of experience in my field, and justifying my marketing strategy to a low level clerk (who would then explain it to Gil's cousin, who would then explain it to him and screw it up in the process causing it to be rejected), just grew too exhausting to put up with.

Gil, Israelis may make the world's best consumer security products, but you don't know jack about marketing, especially in the consumer space. You need to learn to manage risk and to listen to the people you hire. You support a culture of incivility that ensures you will only have the weakest teams long term who lack motivation to truly excel. Maybe this works in Israel but it doesn't work in Silicon Valley. Maybe what you do in marketing works in the enterprise space but in consumer you have much to learn...well there's a reason Symantec and AVG ate your lunch, as well as all your other meals in this area.

horrible...do not work here!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Check Point Software Technologies

Pros

free lunch, good stable company.

Cons

low compensation, management inexperience and don't care what you think. Will only used you and overworked you. you will be scorned at and be humiliated in front of ppl if you don't listen or make mistake. No structure whats so ever. Extreme micromanage. Do not work here!!!

Should have better hierarchy. and let employee do their work and learn to treat employees with some respect and dignity, and not used them for only getting sales etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Check Point Software Technologies

Worked for Check Point Software Technologies? Contribute to the Community!